1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpbb free so how do I start it?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by oceanline, Dec 15, 2005.

How to I start a php forum?

I use got a php forum free with free hosting and no ads, but it doest allow me to fully customized it with my adsense...

the php forum download is free, but do you pay for hosting??? if so how much?

I use only windows do I have to buy another operating sytem to install it and such? Please help I want to start a free forum that allows me to put adsense about magic

oceanline, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  2. mipa jim

mipa jim Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to add mods inorder to create add space. If I remember right the files that need modifing are .tpl files but the names escape me. The is a huge amount of information available on phpbb forum.

mipa jim, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you planning to host it on your own computer? Then you will need a server/sql database/php interpreter etc

Just buy a domain name for $3 or so and pay $5 a month hosting. You can always upgrade if you will need more space/bandwidth.

mightyb, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  4. oceanline

oceanline Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i wouldnt mind paying for hosting....as long as I can modify the forum with ease with html codes and scripts...

Can someone take me through the steps?

oceanline, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  5. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    You pick your host
    Pick your hosting package.
    Sign up and buy the domain name. You can often do it on the same site. Just follow the instructions.
    You should be up and running within a day or so. It takes time for them to create your account + for the domain to propagate.
    Then you login to your control pannel and create a new database. Its very simple.
    Then you upload all the forum files, basically just follow the instructions given with phpbb
    When your forum is up and running you can edit your code. You can use the same prog. you used to upload the files. I use Cuteftp.
    You might want to do a few tweaks + bits eg setting up an email address from your control pannel.

Its not hard. Im sure your hosting company will help you. They often have forum support. If you are lucky you might even get a phpbb preinstalled.

mightyb, Dec 15, 2005 IP