1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpBB forum showing too many impressions?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by maney, Jul 11, 2006.

I'm just wondering if theres some sort of bug or problem within phpBB which means it shows too many page impressions/hits? I added a forum to my website, more to see how it all worked than anything else. Its been open a couple of days and its showing about 8-12x the impressions that my website is. My website is picked up by search engines (only to a certain extent though as its so new). There are currently 19 members, theres no way that that many could generate 600 impressions on adsense in a day is there? Analytics is telling me most of the traffic seems to be direct (more than 70% of it) with a bit coming from msn (for terms which when you search for them my forum doesn't seem to come up, my website however does) and on the few places I've advertised it.

My forum is www.yoursite.com/forum not forum.yoursite.com if that may affect it.

Any ideas whats going on?

maney, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. maney

maney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its making more sense now. I'm not getting a huge ammount of unique visitors (60 or so) but they are staying for quite a while (10-15 page loads in one visit) so the stats do seem to add up. They're really screwing my adsense page up though, I'm getting loads of impressions :D

maney, Jul 12, 2006 IP