1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHPbb 3 Link to reset password - I can't find it

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Karen May Jones, Feb 1, 2009.

Hey, I just installed a new phpbb 3 on a site about two months ago. At the time, my main pc was broke and I worked from the family pc.

Yesterday when I went to log in to the forum, I forgot PW and it wasn't saved to my main pc (am back to working on main pc now)..

So, I thought no probs, I'll request it to be reset. I cannot find the link to request/reset pw on the forum!!!!!

Eventually I followed instructions here to reset my password in the database on my server at godaddy...

So, finally, I get on the admin side of the forum and I changed it back to the phpbb 3 default forum theme, figuring there was a problem with the custom theme.

But, I still do not see the link to reset password on the login page.

What is the problem?:confused::(:eek:

Attached Files:

Solved! View solution.
    Karen May Jones, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  2. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check if you have these codes in your styles/YOURTemplate/template/login_body.html

<!-- IF U_SEND_PASSWORD --><dd><a href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_FORGOT_PASS}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
    Code (markup):
    If you still having problem, let me know ..i will help you out.

Best Regards,
    MM

Mobile-Monster, Feb 3, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    				<!-- IF U_SEND_PASSWORD --><br /><a class="gensmall" href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_FORGOT_PASS}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
    				<!-- IF U_RESEND_ACTIVATION and not S_ADMIN_AUTH --><br /><a class="gensmall" href="{U_RESEND_ACTIVATION}">{L_RESEND_ACTIVATION}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
    PHP:
    That's what I have, should I just try to reinstall the thing? I hate that I will lose the forum/category sections, but this is making me nuts - ?

Karen May Jones, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are comfortable ..let me have access to your forum .. I will get it done. This is just a minor problem and reinstalling should be the last resort which should be avoided in most cases.

Mobile-Monster, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  5. wunderwood

wunderwood Guest

Best Answers:
    I found the problem on my site by digging through the code. If the site configuration is set to disallow email, it won't show that link or the resend activation link either. See the attached image for more information.

On second thought, I can't upload this image (because I am a newbie?). Maybe I can link to it instead but odds are slim...

crud - it won't let me do that either. Well I bet you can figure it out...

wunderwood, Apr 8, 2009 IP
    wolfhome.com/images/forum_pics/send-email.gif

wunderwood, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  7. Kaoz

Kaoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Problems with your MySQL? or try a different style or reinstall the style.

Kaoz, Apr 8, 2009 IP