1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP vs Ruby on Rails academic research

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by nikifi, Dec 28, 2011.

Hey Guys,
    I am doing an academic research that is based on a comparison between PHP and Ruby and Rails. I was hoping that someone who has some insight of the two technologies can help me out by responding to a quick survey that I put together, solely for the purpose of this research. Also, does anyone know where I can find another audience to post my link to the survey. Its been very challenging for me to find respondents. Thank you in advance.

http://kwiksurveys.com?u=phprubyonrails

nikifi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Asking such a thing on DP, the very cesspool of forums, means you aren't doing academic research or you don't know what you're doing in the first place. Go anywhere else to do proper research.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  3. nikifi

nikifi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, well getting feedback from the programming community is a part of my report, and not the basis of my research. I don't think anyone will bother responding unless they really have something to offer. I have gone everywhere trying to find a community who is willing to respond. There are no personal benefits to be gained so I see no reason why anyone with nothing to contribute would respond.

nikifi, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You think DP is a programming community?!!! Do some research, man! Oh. Wait....
    You've never read anything on DP before, have you?
    No you haven't. I had never heard of this dump till someone invited me here.
    Have you read ANYTHING on DP before? This is a collection of 12-year olds with their first computer! Jeez. Don't tell me you're in college of something trying to get a degree.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 29, 2011 IP