1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP Scripts request

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Ticcaso, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    isnt there ANY WAY i can stop right clicks? (no Java)
    and dude yuh are right yuh dont see any source from other PC but isnt there any way they can steal it?

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  2. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to stop right clicks is really in JavaScript (not Java which you just referenced for some reason). It has to be client side script of some sort.

The server can't enforce something client side, simple as that. Just as it can't ensure your CSS will render exactly as you expected (or at all!).

Yes, you can serve the JavaScript up with PHP, but for something that static, I can't really see why you'd want to.

The only way someone can copy your original PHP source is to either have bad security on your server (for example, anonymous FTP access to your public_html directory) or to have your server set up so badly that the PHP doesn't get parsed... but you'd notice that straight away I would hope.

I think I'm going to be like mad4 and say "that's all there is to it". There's enough information in this thread for you to work out what you need and if there's not, then I would respectfully suggest trying to understand the actual process that PHP goes through, what it spits out and how communication between client and server take place.

Client-server coding is very different to normal client only coding (eg. HTML, general JavaScript and general Flash). There are some concepts that take a little while to get straight and I would say that anyone who says "hey, I understood everything about the concepts straight away" is either a true guru, a liar, doesn't remember or doesn't know all the concepts yet :)

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I still screw up sometimes setting cookie values then wondering why I can't access them straight away!

TwistMyArm, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  3. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    riiiiiiiiiiiight...
    just in case does anyone know a way 2 encrypt PHP? xD

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  4. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFL dude, why are you so paranoid? No need to encrypt php since it's parsed by your webserver. Only people who have the source can see what the actually code is, and your server will never give it to anyone except if you put it on a non-php server.

If your asking this because you want to sell a script and make sure no one will resell it, you could buy http://www.sourceguardian.com/faq/index.php or Zend Encoder which is available for $2400. But I'm sure your ready to pay the price if you're that paranoid.

tomzx, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  5. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    If you *need* to obfuscate your PHP code, use PHPCodeBuster. It's free and it uses the actual PHP parser to determine what's what.

For this sort of thing, though, you have to be careful that your code doesn't assume AUTOGLOBALS, doesn't use extract and so on.

PHPCodeBuster is an all or nothing approach: it doesn't let you choose what things to obfuscate (it's not encryption as such). I've made a lot of additions to that codebase to let you pick and choose what things to change and so on. That code is in the hands of the original developer at the moment, but I'd be willing to share it for a price ;) My additions make PCB one of very few (if any) PHP obfuscators that will hide constants, too.

Anyway, Google it up.

TwistMyArm, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  6. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    riiiiiiiiight.... any link or sumthin'?

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  7. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    the sourceguardian i could buy it but i'm affraid its easy to decode it so its not that safe...
    ANYONE HAS A REAL SOLUTION :confused:

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    F*cking hell mate do you work for NASA or something?????

Nobody can get your PHP code, you only encode it if you are selling a commercial script. Encoding is not needed for normal applications.

Open up your site in your browser, click view source. Do you see your PHP code? No. Nobody else can either.

mad4, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  9. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    yuh can never Be 2 carefull

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Make sure you come back later and show us your site. I can't wait to see what all the fuss has been about :)

sarahk, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  11. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    i have so many errors on it i encrypted it like 5 times and its all ruined!!!
    oh well i'll just have 2 do it over and over again :D THAT SUCKS :mad:

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  12. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    oh this sucks why the fuck is everyone rateing me negative?:confused: if yuh dont want to help dont !

Ticcaso, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Because we have helped you and you refuse to listen.

sarahk, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  14. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, how about giving us the real reason you need that much "protection". If I were to find this kind of website, I wouldn't even want to deal with that much protection, it's useless.

By the way, I hope you are using a SSL https secure tread between visitors and server, otherwise you're screwed.

tomzx, Apr 25, 2006 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. Ticcaso

Ticcaso Peon

Best Answers:
    never mind :D

Ticcaso, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  16. chandubhai

chandubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    Why are you even trying to do this. Remember 1 thing, whatever you do to hide source, there is someone else trying to find out ways to see your code. I prefer leaving it open.

chandubhai, May 2, 2006 IP
  17. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming a little here that your application is unique and couldn't be found anywhere else, that's why you are so keen on protecting it? Unless you are very sure that you can't find it anywhere else on the internet, maybe you have a case....but I highly doubt it. All kinds of coding are so easily accessible nowadays...

projectw3, May 3, 2006 IP
  18. chandubhai

chandubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with mad4. PHP rules boys!!!

chandubhai, May 3, 2006 IP