1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP or .net and Java

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sarahashlin, Nov 5, 2011.

Which is the best platform for develop a ecommerce website PHP or .net and Java. Please suggest me.

sarahashlin, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  2. som3on3

som3on3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All programming languages do the same thing, it all depends on how much money you want to invest.
    With php you will spend less money. With .net and java you will spend much more money, programmers in that area are high more expensier, you will need dedicated or much more better hosting and so on..

som3on3, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  3. CodeBeast

CodeBeast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go with php. .net and java are buggy languages and I would not suggest em to you. also security wholes were found in .net lately.

CodeBeast, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  4. gtownfunk

gtownfunk Member

Best Answers:
    There are security holes in everything, choosing what to develop on based upon the last security holes is probably not very responsible. Depending on your payment processing, the ecommerce portion of your website may not even be hosted on your PHP or ASP.Net site. I'd recommend PHP as well unless you want to deal with dedicated hosting of a windows machine. Generally, they are fairly stable, but nowhere near as stable IMHO as a linux/unix machine for serving webpages and things such as that. That being said, bad code can make any platform fail to perform well.

gtownfunk, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  5. markup

markup Peon

Best Answers:
    I think php is the best language for ecommerce

markup, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  6. dixcoder

dixcoder Member

Best Answers:
    php is really handy when it comes to developing ecommerce application even there are lots of php based open source ecommerce application like magento, zencart, oscommerce, opencart and so on.

Java and .net is really hectic and really time consuming.

Better go with php.

cheers

dixcoder, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  7. Divided

Divided Peon

Best Answers:
    They will all be as good as each other, but as a PHP developer I know there is many open source PHP solutions (Magento, osCommerce) which you can utilise.

Divided, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  8. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go learn PHP.

Java and .net are very deep programming languages and there's too much to learn and understand.

nihangshah, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  9. charlesth

charlesth Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is the best platform for developing the e commerce website because php runs on all platform like windows, Linux, Unix etc..

For developing e commerce website PHP with MySQL is a great place to start. You'll find it broadly accepted, plenty of helpful resources are available, there's no cost to study and use. PHP has lot's of good feature and also PHP is support almost every host and database like MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc..

charlesth, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  10. jaredrasc

jaredrasc Peon

Best Answers:
    All languages are good to developing E commerce Website,we can do this in all language, today Php is most popular language to develop small and Medium type E commerce website. where Java and .net are used to those application where large database is needed.

jaredrasc, Nov 11, 2011 IP
  11. amgadhs

amgadhs Peon

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to use PHP as well for all the reasons mentioned above. But dont consider a PHP script safe just because its developed in PHP or hosted on a Linux server. If you decided to go with an open source script like magento, always keep it up to date by installing every update they provide. And if you decide to develop a custom script test it with website security testing tools for XSS and SQL injection vulnerabilities before launching the service.

amgadhs, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  12. dthoai

dthoai Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest PHP. It's fast and wide-used.

dthoai, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  13. Kevorkian

Kevorkian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're starting from scratch with PHP you can have a website up and running in less than a week. I can't say the same for .NET or Java. Unless you plan to become a professional coder that writes for corporate projects, you should stick to PHP.

Kevorkian, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  14. jaredrasc

jaredrasc Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no doubt that Php is best language for developing website i.e small in size and not use large databse. PHP based site are much secure.Actually website security depends on your programming skills You can make secure website if you are very good in programming.

jaredrasc, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  15. peterpaul877

peterpaul877 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think .Net is the best programming language to develop a e-commerce website because it have some new features which helps to programmer to develop attractive or economic website.

peterpaul877, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  16. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is the best platform for developing e-commerce websites

pupul, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  17. WhiteHat1

WhiteHat1 Guest

Best Answers:
    From a security perspective, and these stats: https://www.whitehatsec.com/assets/WPstats_fall09_8th.pdf, there's not a big difference in which language to choose. The numbers seem to give .NET a slight edge in terms of percent of vulnerabilities found versus percent of sites analyzed, but that’s something like 4:10 for .NET versus 5:10 for php and java. I would say that is evidence that the languages are close enough that the knowledge and practices of the developer are more important, particularly for e-commerce sites.

WhiteHat1, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  18. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see that anywhere in that report. I do see where asp and aspx extensions make up 33% of all vulnerabilities. Those are .NET technology.

Meanwhile, Java (jsp) and PHP only make up 3% and 8%, respectively.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  19. BorisKramar

BorisKramar Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just use Joomla? They have very stable and functional shopping carts there ready made!

BorisKramar, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Because Joomla is not a programming language.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 26, 2011 IP