1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP or Java?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by charlesbrown678, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Shashikant123

Shashikant123 Peon

Best Answers:
    The use of Apache and Tomcat is usefull for making web application or not.

Shashikant123, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  2. rebbicajackson

rebbicajackson Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many languages to develop applications. Many MNC's are using java and .net to develop applications. PHP is another language which is used to develop
    webpages. You have choose language such way that which having more opportunities in present market.

rebbicajackson, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  3. siddhanta

siddhanta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PHP is basically using for web development and java for application development. So you have to decide first what is your need.

siddhanta, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  4. rain112

rain112 Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are different programming stuffs. PHP is more web based while Java is more than that. I suggest learning Java since it's more of a programming language.

rain112, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  5. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    PHP and JAVA are both web capable programming language. It's just that JAVA (spring framework, hibernate etc) are mostly used for corporate systems like banks etc.

junedc, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  6. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    both languages are important in website development .PHP is main language which you require in order to code your website. And For Design you can use HTML, DHTML/CSS. This best language for web design and development.

msherry, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  7. gauravyadav

gauravyadav Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say Java because PHP is limited to web development, and with Java you are not limited to web development (full blown applications, server side programming, mobile phone development, ect...). Don't get me wrong the web is very important however I sure don't have a crystal ball and I can't tell you if 20 years down the road the web will play as much, or more, of a role it plays today.

gauravyadav, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  8. Ikeshaws

Ikeshaws Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Java and its related technologies would be my choice. But it cannot match the ease with which you could get your small web app running in PHP. PHP runs on Apache to serve java requests. Most of the content management systems run on PHP. The languages have evolved pretty much the way it has been used for. On a side note, the look and feel of a site has got nothing to do with java or PHP. If you have a decent CSS, you've got a good looking site. It goes into PHP's favour that web designers are more comfortable with PHP. PHP is open source with great benefits to the eCommerce development.

Ikeshaws, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  9. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you have PHP (the interpreter) installed, you can run a PHP script without compiling it. (Yes, it takes an extra step, but so does running a .net 2.2 app.)

Rukbat, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  10. Hugeland

Hugeland Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for Java.

Hugeland, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  11. nveid

nveid Peon

Best Answers:
    I think python, or perl would be better alternatives to web development than java. While java is good in its own right, and powerful.... Compiling war's every time you want to serve something, or setting up applications with its web server are a pain in the butt... Not saying django(python) is too much easier, but I don't HAVE to recompile my python files every time. Perl is pretty straightforward as a cgi, but on this end... PHP is pretty much universal and works the easiest, everywhere. :)

nveid, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  12. akshayrao

akshayrao Peon

Best Answers:
    Java is the best and in demand and will be in demand

akshayrao, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  13. RiskyPro

RiskyPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi bro I think if you like pure object-oriented then you should choose Java but I think that PHP is way simpler.
    They both powerful though. :)

RiskyPro, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  14. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, it's a bit ignorant to claim there is no legitimate cause to use compiled PHP. Personally I have no cause to use compiled PHP because I've studied several languages although developers with proficiency in PHP only would be very thankful they have the ability to access the other half of development. Remember the .NET framework was built under the entire premise that developers of a wide range of languages, from FORTRAN to Python can implement the windows assemblies, the idea is not new at all.

These days there are all sorts of niches for all types of interesting implementations, from PHP mobile games/apps to CCTV management systems.

BRUm, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  15. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Valuable post that he has soared and i have learned lot here. Can you guys tell me also about html5. I heard that its currently in an excellent form for videos and someothers and it overtakes the popularity of flash. Because flash take too much time to load but in html5 we don't need to bother about loading. Eventually, pls suggest me about new elements and attributes in html5... I'll be staying here...

coakleylincoln, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. RiskyPro

RiskyPro Peon

Best Answers:
    But still flash is still cool and don't worry about the loading time you just need to optimize the contents to get the best quality and less size.
    Adobe made a wonderful addition to their Flash CS6 they added HTML5 support it's just amazing.

RiskyPro, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  17. RiskyPro

RiskyPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Although HTML5 is the best now I can't believe the new features they're amazing. You check out the new FLASH CS6 feature in Adobe TV, it supports HTML5 now. :D

18. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is good to learn because it's easy and open source language and we can easily understand that. But As per latest market scenario i would like to suggest you to learn about JAVA and Android based language because its in demand.

annaharris, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  19. ericlewis107

ericlewis107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe KnowledgeBlackbelt is built using Vaadin, which is a Java-based framework.

I'm not sure of the quality of the website though. It looks really nice, and has a lot of fancy features, but it's also often extremely slow.

ericlewis107, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  20. RiskyPro

RiskyPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree friend
    Learning object oriented is a demand if you think about it you'll see that it's really taking a huge space in programming world.