1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP or Java?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by charlesbrown678, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm waiting for Deathshadow to weigh in here, but he'll probably say something like "they added garbage to their garbage". "HTML5 support" is almost enough reason to stay away from something. HTML5 is the new C (if you don't understand that, you're not old enough).

Rukbat, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  2. freaksters

freaksters Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome lol. I think you should learn PHP

freaksters, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  3. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, PHP is best.

josefaryan, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  4. TayyabRazaq

TayyabRazaq Peon

Best Answers:
    JAVA is better than php

TayyabRazaq, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  5. somendra

somendra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hii charlesbrown678,
    Java is best for apps development. Java was originally created to handle client side software and imbedded browser applets. So it has a really wide use in outside of web-development area. PHP on the other hand is only a dedicated web-based technology. So overall, Java is way much used than PHP. Also the second thing to understand when doing PHP vs. JAVA is that if you are thinking of becoming a professional programmer, you can learn just JAVA and you can earn a living, whereas PHP alone is not sufficient. You need to have an understanding of JAVA to become a serious web developer. We also see that JAVA has greater twitter followings than PHP as all PHP programmers are JAVA coders but not all JAVA coders are PHP programmers. To solve your problem to some extent read this blog very carefully http://www.xhtmljunction.com/blog/php-vs-java-performance-benchmark/#more-968 :cool:

somendra, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somendra, you're confusing programming, Java and Javascript, among other things. Not all PHP coders are Jave coders, but most of them are Javascript coders. You don't need to know Java at all to be a professional web developer. Many professional programmers earn a pretty good living with PHP without knowing Java, but not many who don't know programming do.

Rukbat, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  7. harish127

harish127 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to my opinion, Java is the best programming language for the application development.

harish127, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  8. bamzpure

bamzpure Member

Best Answers:
    yes.. I vote java too, its better than php, you should learn about it!

bamzpure, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  9. MS.USD

MS.USD Peon

Best Answers:
    php because it's easy and faster than JAVA

MS.USD, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  10. markabiyn02

markabiyn02 Peon

Best Answers:
    java is a best programing language for web application.

markabiyn02, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  11. Reenterit

Reenterit Active Member

Best Answers:
    For Apps I would definitely go for Java.

Reenterit, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  12. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Javascript may be, for client-side code, but Java definitely isn't. (Javascript isn't Java.)

Rukbat, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  13. braingobbler

braingobbler Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok when it come to apps you really aren't looking at this the best way. PHP is a server side scripting language. Java is not. While it can be done with jsp, Java, IMO as a PHP Developer, is not comparable to PHP. Now I'm not saying PHP is better. Java and PHP are just different. They are used for different things. One of these things is app development. Java is really the only choice here. PHP is not really used for app development. Java is the main choice language for Android app development.

braingobbler, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  14. freeshopoffer

freeshopoffer Peon

Best Answers:
    my choice is Java!

freeshopoffer, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  15. krakjoe

krakjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Java is more powerful, more advanced, more flexible ( I'm not talking about syntax or types ), more scaleable and is an industry standard.

PHP is easy.

This far in, I'm not about to read 10 pages of comments, but I read your initial comments; you want to build a web application. My suggestion is PHP, not because it's better, but because it's likely better for you.

Make no mistake, there is nothing PHP can do that Java cannot, with ease - if you are a java programmer. Your comment about being an expert in java is a hard thing to achieve is not exactly true, take any two PHP scripts from anywhere and they will be as different as chalk and cheese. Take any two commonly used java libraries and they will be strikingly similar. Once you get to know the language, and it's functionality, you can apply that knowledge in anything you are tasked with, even if you have to reference external libraries that you have never used before.

Lastly, I have no fun writing Java, and plenty with PHP, my personal favorite of the two is PHP ... humans don't always like what is best for them :)

krakjoe, Jan 8, 2013 IP