1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP/Mysql

Discussion in 'PHP' started by mringuk, Nov 3, 2008.

Is it possible with a UserName / Password database to set a Master UserName / Password to access all records for admin purposes.

mringuk, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  2. bartolay13

bartolay13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    not sure of this.. are you refering about remote access the database in the server?

bartolay13, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. dev_SeeInside

dev_SeeInside Peon

Best Answers:
    When I need to do this, I usually would use a field in the users table that stores a user access level that I can check or a combination of bits to determine what a user can and can't access. Or, You could create an admin tool that lists user accounts, so when an administrator clicks on a user name, they are automatically logged in as that user for administrative purposes.

Sorry to be so vague, but your question could have a lot of different answers :)

dev_SeeInside, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. maestria

maestria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a particular database, you can set an admin username and password kind of thing using grant all privilege sql statement.

maestria, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. garrettheel

garrettheel Peon

Best Answers:
    You would need to make a special login script where the user enters the user they want to be logged in as and an admin username and password

garrettheel, Nov 4, 2008 IP