1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Php LD Deep Links Mod?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mjesales, May 26, 2007.

1. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry whats that ?

paidhosting, May 27, 2007 IP
  2. sebans

sebans Active Member

Best Answers:
    deep link mod will be inserted for free inside future PHPLD paid version,
    up to now it was prevented by a guy in the support team becouse he wanted to oversell it..

there are free version around there is no need to pay $ 100 for a free mod.

it always looked like a scam to me : pay $25 for the script and $ 100 for the mod

sebans, May 27, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Who said so ? And yaa i agree with the overkill and oversell part :D, but hey ones got to make a living right?

4. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you are making a lot from your directory $100 wont be anything to spend on something to add features to your directory and not have to go through the hassle of installing it and/or worrying about downtime for your dir or wreckin somethin
    i think 100 is a lot for a mod but yea if you`re makin it and willin to pay..you wouldnt waste your time runnin around lookin for a different solution unless there was already an alternative which could replace the feature and support imo

discover, May 27, 2007 IP
  5. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on you think i am making a lot from my directory ? Come on $1.95 price for regular listing on PR 4 directory ? Out of which 50 - 30 cents to into paypals pocket, so what am i left with maybe $1.25 something ? How many submissions monthly ? let see about maybe 5-10 at max, so thats like lets see about 12 dollar max. So for 100 dollars i suppose i need lets see about 100 submissions or more , thats like lets calculate at current rate 8 months, and not to mention the hosting running cost .. etc . etc..

Also another thing deeplinks mod does not make your directory attractive much, its just a rumor that you get lots of submissions, i get about 800+ uniques over like 3 days span and i see no submissions.

@ breaking directory part, if anyone has issues with mods listed at http://www.dmoz-resources.com/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=32 , i will be more than happy to set them up for no cost, if you are totally sure you cannot do it yourself. And i seen none of my directory break , its just how you do it nothing wrong any of the free codes available out there for free.

6. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As refer to malcolm1's speech, i think somewhere around the thread, D*** wish i could find it, his word always on my mind, its goes something like this, a mercedes are sometime different quality from a volkswagen. Some free mods are so called simple but not full, although it work, but for some reason, what you paying for, in return, you might in return get more.

I would rather pay for the mod instead of free mod, depending on my pocket is enough to pay, if yes, i will.

Question : Why would someone work so hard to write a mod or even didn't sleep few days, just to finished the mods.
    Answer : They do it for living. And i do agree they are worth paying for.

Salute to all mods creator for their effort and hard work. an0n, remember this, i am aiming to purchase one of your great mods. Keep it up.

Try pm an0n. He will be glad to help.

I understand your feelings on the fees... :( we share the same at the moment...

davcheong, May 27, 2007 IP
  7. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    who said that deep link will be installed in phpLD future release ??

smub, May 27, 2007 IP
  8. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nah i said IF you (not you personally) were makin a lot...then..

i cant speak from experience on how it makes your directory attractive but i know submitters want to be able to submit deeplinks so i dont see why not

as for the breaking well its people coming out and promoting their own mods with the additional support which will bring other alternatives to whats available already

discover, May 27, 2007 IP
  9. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The $100 isn't for a free mod, it's for a paid mod. Paid to code, install, chat about the functionality, and support from a trusted member.

What do you mean "scam" "A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle." What is fraudulent about selling a mod?

syted, May 27, 2007 IP
  10. sebans

sebans Active Member

Best Answers:
    they can sell it for $1000 I don't care . It's not this the problem.

What I'm trying to say is that these guys are preventing the natural development of the script for they hown interest.

all the free mods could be inserted inside the default edition if only they didn't had to sell their paid versions..

it's like your doctor is preventing your health to improve becouse he has to sell his service .

Don't forget that the guy selling the mod is inside the support team and he is doing everything he can to prevent the script improvement.

sebans, May 27, 2007 IP
  11. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The guy selling the mod is a moderator on the phpLD forum, he doesn't work for them and he doesn't get paid for offering his free support on the forum. You should get your facts straight before posting.

SilkySmooth, May 27, 2007 IP
  12. sebans

sebans Active Member

Best Answers:

he is there just to influence - with his evil presence - the improvement of the script.

sebans, May 27, 2007 IP
  13. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please stop nonsense here.
    Anon (Rob) is a great member, his scripts are great, his deeplink script is awesome and you'll get excellent support.
    If you don't have / can't afford $100 for and excellent script and excellent supported script then you should point your business elsewhere!
    As an idea... I have a fly fishing site... :rolleyes:

shenron, May 27, 2007 IP
  14. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know what the story is with rob and phpld but this post : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=3024233&postcount=31

makes me wonder if rob is actually in support team or not , cause i doubt anyone would pay someone for just being a mod.

15. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    As far as I am aware he was there before he developed his mod and he remained there afterwards to provide further support.

To state that someone has an evil presence is just plain ignorant on your part. Do you know him personally? I have had a couple of run in's with him and I still wouldn't say he has an evil presense.

Yes he has made money from developing a mod (that is what most of us are in business for, to make money), but he has also worked hard for it. You don't build up a band of followers supporting your work as much as some of the community here do; based on nothing.

So stop your whining and move on.

To the OP, there are two very good mods... one developed by an0n and one by mhamdi; I have personally worked with both. They are both equally good, the difference is that with one you get a wealth of support, with the other you are on your own if something goes bad. So base your decision on that is my advice to you.

16. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    I used to be a volunteer for AOL UK, I did not work for them and I did not get paid for several hours work that I did each day. What I did get was incentives, freebies, fantastic parties, trips abroad, but I never got paid and I never worked for them ;)

Of course, only Rob can clarify that, but it is my understanding that he does not.

17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry what ? U see me whining about robs mods at all ? Hello wake up.

18. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Sorry but that wasn't at you, my second post was in response to you.... must remember to quote more often :D

19. sebans

sebans Active Member

Best Answers:
    who is rob?

I'm talking about the script improvement in general!! Did you get it?

sebans, May 27, 2007 IP
  20. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get paid... and guess what?... when we came to an agreement, i still didn't get paid based on the agreement.
    a renege yet again, but nothing new there, since i've already provided proof of the man's word of integrity, which we know is not a reputable one.

So, hows everyones day going? Why are you guys surfing the web, when you can be outside on such a fantastic day?
    My excuse; I'm working. :) and, well... I've aggravated my rotator cup, no more lifting for a while =/

an0n, May 27, 2007 IP