1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP is missing from Xampp

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Ajay Reddy, Apr 3, 2015.

Hii Friends,

I had installed xampp Server in Window 7 but php is missing from it can't find the reason of Error Having lots of work Please Help me for it

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Ajay Reddy, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  2. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What for errors?

EricBruggema, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  3. Ajay Reddy

Ajay Reddy Member

Best Answers:
    EricBruggema Not Showing any errors showing My SQL & Apache but Php is Missing

Ajay Reddy, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Screw Xampp, install WAMP - easier interface, simpler functionality, etc. etc.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a PHP file and put this in it:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Code (markup):
    If it outputs something, then you are not missing PHP (as I doubt you are). I use XAMPP myself and I like it a lot.

I have not used WAMP. Looking at the screenshots, it does not look like an easier interface nor simpler functionality.

https://github.com/josephspurrier/surfstack-wamp/wiki/SurfStack-WAMP-Screenshots

The WAMP support forum is pretty weak compared to the XAMPP support forum.

billzo, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    That's not WAMP - that's Surfstack WAMP - this is what I'm talking about http://www.wampserver.com/en/ (the interface is pretty similar, I was mostly talking about "getting it up and running" - WAMP is usually easier to get running properly than XAMPP)

PoPSiCLe, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for correction. I guess I should have dug deeper for WAMP screenshots. XAMPP is easy to get up and running, too, once you allow it to run with administrator rights. Setting up the virtual hosts is easy, but that is more Apache than XAMPP. The only thing about XAMPP is that it takes a long time to install. If my memory is correct, it was close to 30 minutes.

billzo, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Ouch. That's kinda insane. Reason why I recommend WAMP is that for the last two-three years, when I've tried installing XAMPP, I've ALWAYS run into trouble - due to previously installed software, hosts-config, something has always made it act up. WAMP has not given me any trouble (apart from the latest version where they went with virtual hosts instead of just localhost/whatever - which is good, but the way of creating the virtual hosts are manual, which can sometimes be a bit of a drag). The install-time for WAMP, and getting everything up and running is around 10min max (including manual editing of virtual hosts), so on that front it seems to win, but as I said, the reason I don't use XAMPP is that I've had so many problems actually getting it to behave as it should.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  9. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    another tip: usbwebserver.net ;)

EricBruggema, Apr 6, 2015 IP