1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

php include search engine friendly?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by sharpweb, Jul 21, 2005.

I've created a php link manager script and I call it from the webpage (ie http://www.oldvillagelollies.com/links.php) with the following code:
    <? include("http://www.sharpwebservice.com/link_manager/write_links.php?url=".$_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]) ?>

Is this a good or acceptable way of doing this? Coud my search engine rankings be punished because of it?

Thanks!

sharpweb, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    php include is server side, so what the search engine spider gets is just normal html. As long as what is included is search engine friendly then i dont see there would be a problem.

vagrant, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. sharpweb

sharpweb Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your quick reply to both my queries vagrant. Thats pretty much what I thought. The links produced are simple links and certainly SE friendly.

4. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    You are concerned with rankings...?

Better onpage SEO needed

More than anything, the pages could do with "english-sweets" etc in the url rather than the query strings,

And having "English Sweets" etc as the first words of the title

And including that phrase more often on the page.

The meta descriptions could do with being unique to that page. Have the search phrase mentioned twice rather than the current once.

Then the first paragraph could have the phrase mentioned twice rather than once in the first 150 characters.

And there are probably more sweets related phrases that people are looking that could be targetted.

Then links links links.... I prefer the Link Vault as it has permanent links rather than the rotating of the Co-op

t2dman, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  5. sharpweb

sharpweb Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips...unfortunatly they've paid me to create the site and get them onto the search engine, for now its not in their budget to spend a bunch on seo, they plan on depending on current customers and other forms of advertising to generate traffic for now.