1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

php form entry from list

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Pep, Feb 17, 2005.

How to get a menu/list on a form to update a field on the form so the user does not have to enter. IE: if the states were listed in a table and the menu/list contral was on the form and the user selects a state how to get it into the state field on the form. I have many apps for this code and it has stiffled my prograss.
    Can someone point me in the right direction please...

Pep, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  2. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    You need client-side JavaScript. On one element's change (e.g. combo box selection, edit box contents, etc), you can a) submit a half-filled form so that the server-side script would pre-populate some of it or b) have client-side JS fill in some of the fields. In the second case, you will have to return to the client all of the choices and just select the appropriate ones with JS.

J.D.

J.D., Feb 17, 2005 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi

I found this the other day on phpclasses.org

Cascade Select Associative

I earmarked it for checking it out but haven't yet. Membership is free and they show some ads but they have some brilliant hard to find classes.

Expat
    It still uses a bit of Java but only marginal

expat, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  4. frud0

frud0 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

Something like this? If yes.. I`ll try and help you out :) Try and type a word there and it`ll show you relevant "search keywords"

:D

frud0, Feb 20, 2005 IP