1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP code not to click/display your own Google Ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by lindavdz, Mar 18, 2006.

1. AVC

AVC Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you guys make the code to block repeated clicks by the same IP?

That would be useful as a script to keep you from being banned. I would like to allow no more then 5 clicks from any one IP.

My adsense tracking script says sometimes I get 3 to 4 clicks from same IP but I never seen more then 4. I figure blocking more then 5 should be safe as in not losing any money and not taking big chances that the same person will click bomb me.

If this worked well I would be glad to pay for it.

###

AVC, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  2. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO:

Many people who bet banned are dishonest people. Many people who stay banned, are very dishonest people. So that is the pattern. If you aren't dishonest, and you don't listen to the lies of dishonest people lying posts (I got banned because G hates "whitey"), you shouldn't worry about how many people click on what and where.

If repeated clicks from the same ip address is the trait of a black bomber, and G has the greatest vest interested (ie lawsuits), wouldn't G have done this already?

Now back on topic.

As for testing layouts, I would make quick graphics of the sizes of the typical ads, or copy them from G's example ads page. Then have your G-ads displayed on your page via a INCLUDE, and in that included page check for something, like a cookie value "admin_test=1" and if it's set, then substitute fake g ad images for the real ads.

Setup a page that sets the cookie off your root directory. www domain com/admin_testing.php

How's that for making this more complex, but works. ;)

tom

TommyD, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess an ad is an ad. No matter if it is a paid ad or a freely displayed ad, if you click on the PSA then they may think that you may also click on the paid ads.

john269, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  4. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally use a Firefox Greasemonky script to make sure I don't click on my own ads. This works well because it still lets you see the ads, and it won't let you click on any of your own ads, even your own ads on digital point won't be clickable.

See: http://www.ioerror.us/software/adsense-prevent-clicks/

tlainevool, Mar 21, 2006 IP
    Greg-J likes this.
  5. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    green rep for you tlainevool. Great find.

Greg-J, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  6. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    A module to insert Google AdSense ads with an IP blocking functionality is available at Joomlaspan. This is useful if you are using Joomla!

This module is rated well at the Joomla Extensions Directory too. It's the editor's pick :)

medusa, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  7. MarketTimes

MarketTimes Peon

Best Answers:
    Are any similar PHP tools out there that will enable the blocking of clicks from the same IP address....

also..

is there a php module that will automatically disable all Google Adsense Ads if a forum is "submitted" into an AutoSurf Rotator, without the consent of the owner.

I've heard this script does it, but do not know what it means or if it is true.
    can someone please comment on this....
    Has anyone ever seen this script?

MarketTimes, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  8. born2win

born2win Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow so many ideas to block the own ads in our computer good work. Thanks alot I was looking for this kind of code.

born2win, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  9. MarketTimes

MarketTimes Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm also going to email Google about a way to disable the appearance of the Google Pub-ID once someone right clicks and views the source of a page with adsense on it.

This leaves a member very vulnerable, and I'm not sure why this has not been brought up to google. I'd say this is fair grounds for a class action law suit against google.

Pub-ID are private, and should remain that way.

MarketTimes, Oct 29, 2006 IP