1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

photography and antiques don't mix?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by harvester, Nov 11, 2005.

Newbie question, but with a difference..
    I have a photography site and I recently published an article about how I use antiques in my studio. It was published on a page which has adsense ads. on it.
    I kind of half thought that this would attract ads. from antique dealers, but nope, it just attracts photography ads.
    I've written another article about photojournalism, and I can relate this to security, CCTV, surveillance cameras, etc., if I want to do.
    I'm interested in attracting security related ads. as security companies seem to bid a high price for their ads., based on what I've seen in Overture.
    But I'm wondering if there's any point, as it looks as if it will just attract photography ads.
    I don't really care what kind of ads. I get, but I'd like to attract high paying advertisers, as I believe, perhaps mistakenly, that this will be more profitable for me.
    I'm now thinking of building another site, with a wider appeal than photography, so that I can attract a wider range range of ads. Supplying it with content wouldn't be a problem, as I'm a photojournalist and can write pretty much about anything,
    Any comments would be appreciated.

harvester, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nike said it well with "just do it"

debunked, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. harvester

harvester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Debunked, think I will. `He who hesitates is lost', as someone once said.

harvester, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  4. mikejmu

mikejmu Active Member

Best Answers:
    It takes time to learn how to write articles to reveal the type of ads you want. The alternative is to use Chitika to show photography ads...at least with that you have control.

mikejmu, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  5. harvester

harvester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks Mikemju. After I posted I looked at another page on my site with a photography article on it that relates to the environment, and found that there were a couple of environment type ads on it, as well as photography ads.
    So it seems that I was wrong when I said that I can't attract different advertisers, in my previous post.
    This is what happens when you let a Newbie loose in the forum...

harvester, Nov 12, 2005 IP