1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photo Sharing Gallery Script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by kkibak, Jul 1, 2008.

Hi guys,

I recently had a family reunion and one of my uncles asked me if I could set up a website that would allow all our family members to upload their pictures from the trip in little albums or something so we could all share our photos.

First, I tried http://gallery.menalto.com/ and while I can see why people like this software, it's just WAYYYY to complicated for my family, many of whom are 70+ years old and have little internet experience.

So basically I'm looking for a SUPER SIMPLE way for us to share pictures from our vacation, preferably free, but I can also pay for a script if necessary.

Thanks in advance for help.

Kris

kkibak, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  2. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry this response is so late.

I have a LOT of experience with Gallery 2 - that thing gives me a headache!

If you only want to upload yourself and share, I'm thinking either Plogger or ZenPhoto will work well for you. Both have been in use for a long time and are very well reviewed. Plus, they're Open Source and free. Just be sure to read up on the specs to be sure your host has the right software installed to support (but from my understanding, that shouldn't be an issue for either script, as their requirements are fairly light).

Again, I think both of these scripts are single-user (though there are mods floating around to make them multiuser, but this isn't part of the core). Hope this helps.

Bratzilla, Jul 24, 2008 IP