1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photo Gallery for Joomla

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by dinarpw, Jun 15, 2006.

Does anybody know a good Photo Gallery module for Joomla 1.0.8?

dinarpw, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  2. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    You can look at the projects at:
    developer.joomla.org

And 1.0.9 is out, which is faster, and fixes some annoying bugs!

TikTok, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  3. mexicolarry

mexicolarry Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend looking at extensions.joomla.org.

There are several options for photo galleries, I think most of them are for including an external photo gallery inside your joomla site.

I only have experience with Gallery2, which works nicely.

I don't have anything fancy, but you can see a working example at the site in my signature. I modified the templates to make it really simple, and I'd be glad to share those if you're interested.

BTW, I also recommend the upgrade to 1.0.9 - totally painless! :)

--Larry

mexicolarry, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  4. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I discover some bugs inside 1.0.9 :

their editor wont work once you install jce

templating format mostly not suite for 1.0.9 cause most template were design for 1.0.8, it should be the same cause it's only fix for bugs, but I dont have any idea why the template breaks when patch to 1.0.9

as said, they have add some function for saving content you wrote even if your session has expired, i test it, but it actually not work, just like 1.0.8, once your session expired, it's expired, no matter how, you cannot save your content anymore, you then have to retype.

i use zoom, it's fantastic and suitable for end user, gallery i think it's too complicated, and it's only a bridge for gallery, so dont play with it with your live site, test it first with offline site, otherwise you will lose all your important site mods/comp.

rewlie, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  5. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    I use pony gallery

*Michael*, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  6. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    In Joomla 1.0.8 I just found out that whenever I activate the "SEO friendly URL" in the General Configuration area the URL of my pages changes but I get a "Not Found" page.

When I checked, the htaccess.txt file is already .htaccess without me having to rename it first. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

dinarpw, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  7. mexicolarry

mexicolarry Peon

Best Answers:
    @dinarpw:
    Could you give more info? For what pages does it give a "page not found" error? Everything? Or when you click a link within the page?

Check the htaccess file. Maybe you have one, but it's not the one you need for Joomla. Compare it to the Joomla htaccess file for SEO-friendly URL's, and you might need to replace it, or maybe combine it.

--Larry

mexicolarry, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  8. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Larry,

Everytime I click on every link that is supposed to bring me to another page of my site, it gives me the "page not found" error. When I check the URL in the address line, it's different from when I non-activate the SEO friendly URL.

Where can I find the Joomla htaccess file?

dinarpw, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  9. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, in your root directory of Joomla on your server, and plz do check if you uncomment certain line to activate the sef functions, ehh do you install other third party sef components??

rewlie, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  10. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi rewlie,

This is what it says in the htaccess file. I don't know what to do with it to fix the problem. Can you help?

dinarpw, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  11. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    please specify what sef components do you use, if it;s third party like opensef or sef advance, please uncomment this line, just like what i did :

save it, then look at your global config, activate sef, you should be ok after that.

rewlie, Jun 20, 2006 IP