1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Phone Verification...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Oct 9, 2009.

1. HJITechnologiesLLC

HJITechnologiesLLC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I get my next paycheck, I'm defiantly getting this service, as well as Premium Membership. :)

HJITechnologiesLLC, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. But on the other hand anybody willing to spend $75 a year for a small icon below their rep is clearly not going to be a scammer. Also it's not like iTrader is being taken away, this phone verification lark is simply a way of separating the best from the rest. If I used the market place regularly I would almost certainly purchase it, simply for the added trust your buyers will confide in you.

Shawn, I do have one concern, and that is...this new feature allows people to pin-point other members of the forum. For example I now know where you are, and TikTok, and anybody else who has purchased phone verification. In addition to that it's not as if it gives a vague view, but you can actually switch it to satellite and zoom right in. Now, I'm not sure about anybody else but making my exact location on a forum where anonymity amongst users is screaming out is somewhat concerning. Is it not possible to give people the option whether to be publicly listed or not?

...actually I guess it could be kinda useful. Say you get ripped off by a guy with phone verification. You could go round his house with a crow bar and get your money's worth :D

MhW, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The location on the map isn't an exact location, just a general metro area. For example, my pin is about 30 miles from where I really am. It's primarily to location generate country/city.

digitalpoint, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  4. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah I understand, well that clears up one's concerns. As above, would probably consider if I used BST regularly, unfortunately I don't *shrug*. However, currently weighing up a premium membership...get paid on the 28th, I guess we'll see then.

Cheers :)

MhW, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  5. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But I guess 75$ is just way too much for many..

SOULZRIPPER, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  6. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    ii was gonna do it until ii seen $50 bucks @_@... Imma just go and buy Premium... but ii gotta w8 for my next pay ;)!

Sir Rusty, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  7. juancito

juancito Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think phone verification should be free..$50 to verify my phone number? Maybe not free but $1 or $2 or whatever you calling costs are.
    I mean, this is to make the site a bit safer or to profit as well?

juancito, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  8. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Why does it cost $50 to verify a phone number? I understand there are costs involved with the company providing the verification... however phone verification services typically cost only between $2 - $5 per number verified at most.
    Furthermore, as for the claim that the system will be able to distinguish between prepaid mobiles and regular ones isn't really accurate, as most mobile companies (at least in North America) assign numbers to both prepaid and monthly subscribers form the same NXX batch, which would make it impossible to distinguish the two unless you somehow managed to pull the "account type" data directly from their subscriber database.

BeirutMarketing, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  9. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    I will definitely go with phone subscription very soon. I think there should be a option of permanent membership or something?

pro.seods, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  10. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn "Phone verification" addon does not seem to very popular at the moment. Most users who have are phone verified is either a MOD or Admin. I believe the premium membership is really doing very well. Any chance you will have a second thought on this product ? Maybe a reduced the price or make it one-time verification or even club it along with premium membership at a little extra cost

Just my 4 cents :)

Mobile-Monster, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  11. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i agree maybe a 5$ fees for phone verification would be great offcourse 1 time or atleast 3-5 years

Bohra, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  12. BuxP

BuxP Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also have my concerns on phone verification. I believe premium membership is something exclusive and may be expensive as it is (certainly gonna purchase it), but phone verification should be lower price and seperate the more trusted sellers from the new and fraud ones. Paying $50 so people can see where I am located is just a ripoff sorry.

BuxP, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  13. -Ace-

-Ace- Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that $50.00 is a great deal.

Yous guys and or girls got to look at it this way.

If you had some bad intentions on the forums and all you had to do was pay a few bucks to get a number verified, then you may do it. The cost of $50.00 may seem high, but it is at a set cost of $50.00 to help protect the end user from fraud.

Anyone can get a number verified, either going to someones house, using a voip number ect ect, But your not going to see as much fraud if that person with the bad intentions needs to invest into paying for that $50.00 charge.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

-Ace-, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  14. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    If a $50.00 investment helps land a $100+ scam then you're already in profit.

The major flaw with phone verification is that, once you get a single red iTrader you've pretty much lost your trust. Phone Verification or no verification :rolleyes:

MhW, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  15. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    I think we should club it with premium membership or say "Premium membership"
    As we all see with the current pricing and product structure isn't very popular at the moment although we have many legit sellers here.

Mobile-Monster, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  16. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have some questions that I don't think were asked.

Will the number show in the town/city that my number originates from? Or from the 1 that is on my bill? Because when I got my Iphone I had them give me a local number from my hometown for my Parents and my friends don't receive any extra charges for long distance since I moved like 150miles south of my old location for college.

ChrisMiller, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For a mobile, I would suspect where your bill is.

digitalpoint, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  18. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to renew my expired phone verification but I see its no longer available? :confused:

Helvetii, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  19. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope I asked DP via PM a few weeks ago about this, it's no longer available.

EvanP, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  20. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder why its no longer available?

ChrisMiller, Apr 16, 2011 IP