1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Philipines - courier - banktransfer - normal?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by expat, Sep 14, 2004.

Quick one,
    have a request for medium shipment to Philipines client intends to pay by banktransfer.
    Normal ? Unusual ?

From where I sit it looks genuine and above board....
    thanks
    M

expat, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If they pay first, then it's fine I would say.

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    We use bank transfer first - other means second - always upfront payment.

Hans lives in the Phillipines but I haven't seen him around the forum recently

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  4. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If the payment is upfront, it should be no problem. This is applicable in any transaction, not only the Philippines. I'm from Manila. If you're going to buy or order from me, I would wait for the payment to clear first whatever country you're from.

TLDTrader.com, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    There are only two reliable payment you should consider if you transact in the philippines. one is bank transfer and another is money transfer (western union). Our company prefer wester union coz its lot faster.

melfan, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  6. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

one gets blase about payment when all that ever happens Europe & World-wide is c / d card and uk cheques..... cheers
    M

PS I just don't want to spend time on an exception if it is exceptional......

expat, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    We do all internationals bank transfer only unless they are in one of the European countries we can do so called code 10 for which verifies their billing address with the cc company. Up front wiring still is the most secure but slow indeed and a hassle.

T0PS3O, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  8. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Wire Transfers are standard for international business, but hold the most risk for the buyer, and least risk for the seller. If you will be doing importing/exporting and it is something that you will be doing more of in the future; look into letters of credit as an instrument. It reduces risk on both the buyer and seller, as the intermediary banks holds onto the cash until the requirements of the agreement are met. Once their duties have been performed, the bank releases pymt.
    Hope this is helpful.

carowan, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  9. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hey,

every bit of info helps and yes letter of credit is a very good way. Personally if its of higher value like 500£ and above I use ESCROW a lot specifically with Ebay.

The challenge facing ecommerce is not the physical supply chain any more but it is the cost of moneytransfer and shipping.
    Like the below shipes "heath" for about $45 a pop or £22.75 with c card charges banking and shipping charges the situation comes close to low cost airlines wher I booked tickets for 2 for a 1:30hour flight at £3.50 each or £14 total but taxes and landing fees etc brought it up to £65.

So leaving a customer with banktransfer charges of $10 and additional courier bill of $12.50 on a $100 order leaves a slightly bitter taste to it, although we're all in same boat.

So any info for us and users to make it "painless" will be great.
    Cheers

expat, Sep 29, 2004 IP