1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Peventing from spammers and Hackers in phpBB forum

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by dumindushalika, Oct 1, 2011.

I have a forum site which is newly created using latest phpBB version. I am currently using reCaptcha to prevent from spam bots. But actually I guess this is not a good solution for human spammers to use with my forum. Can I know a better solution for human spammers. Also I like to know some tips to prevent from hackers because I do not know prevent from hackers.
    I am currently using cloudflare free plan as security method. Like to know other better solutions from experts. Thanks in advance.

dumindushalika, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  2. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dоn't hаvе tоо much experience аbоut PHPBB forum аѕ I am usіng vbulletin, but I think thеrе shоuld be an option tо ban IPs and specific mail addresses to prevent ѕuсh kind spammers. You neеd check options in уour PHPBB forum's admin control panel. Hope уou will find the answer.

Guisbar, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  3. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    On SMF you can ban using email extensions i.e. blahblah@hhg. com Often spammers use the same domain for their emails with different front ends usually numbers like 447.

sambling, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  4. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Q&A captcha worked for me with phpBB, you can also do bans by email, IP or username.

Creaky, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  5. damoncloudflare

damoncloudflare Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just a quick note because you're using CloudFlare...

-You can block IPs, IP ranges & countries, if needed, in your CloudFlare threat control panel.
    -You should make sure that you have mod_cloudflare (or equivalent in our Wiki) to make sure you're getting original visitor IP reported back to you (so you can block the actual IP address of the spammers.
    -You can also report the spam back to us via the API, which makes our system smarter at blocking spammers in the future.

Note: I can't post links here yet & I'm sorry if I can't point you to the specific resources mentioned.

damoncloudflare, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  6. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, the only thing that is being effective against human spammers and xrummers is not allowing them to log in until confirming their e-mail address, even after a correct sign up. The reason it is working is simple: Most spammers use disposable e-mail addresses to sign up, so they just are not able to confirm and, therefore, post anything.

Tedel, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  7. mikkel99

mikkel99 Member

Best Answers:
    im having the same problem did u work out a solution ?

mikkel99, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  8. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No friend.. I just migrated to SMF.. :) It has more features. I am still experiencing SMF.

dumindushalika, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  9. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    sambling, Oct 29, 2011 IP