1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Personal Online Reputation Help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rocky87, Dec 22, 2015.

Hi Guys,

I’m in need of your help with an ORM problem. I have a mate who wants to demote a unfavourable listing from the first page of google for his name (position #4).
    The article is from a news publisher however it’s from 2002?? w**! I could not find any links to the URL (used MOz, ahrefs & majestic). The article only mentions his name once in the body but not in the title or URL. I honestly don’t understand why this article is ranking, any ideas?

Over the past 6 months I’ve;

– Created 3 personal websites
    – Created 10 web 2.0 profiles regularly updating them with content
    – Created several social accounts regularly updating them with content
    – Bought over 30 Fiver Guest posting gigs
    – Used 15 various link building gigs on Fiver

So far I only managed to push the listing down one position (#5) which sucks [​IMG]

Would love to get some guidance or suggestions on how to deal with this.

Many thanks,

Rocky

Rocky87, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  2. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    set up profiles on high ranking sites like yelp, city search, google + and so on. Then do a press release with PRweb that should help you out.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google will also be tracking who clicks on those top links and how long they stay on the page. Once upon a time there may have been inbound links but because people still search and click that page will stay high because it's obviously still relevant.

There's another charming Aussie who got pissed at me because Google still served up a page on my website 3 years after I'd removed it - in response to legal heavy-handedness. He'll be pleased to see that LinkedIn is now #1 for his name

sarahk, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  4. Somesh Kumar

Somesh Kumar Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

1st don't click negative links from any computer and mobile because the more your click then it will give a signal to search engines that link which you want to remove is important.

2nd try to contact with the user and the person who have posted that link or have access to that domain which works less.

3rd contact with the publisher for removing that post if they agree.

4th if above all didn't worked then use IP changing software like HidemyIP they have 15 days free trial and use google disavow tool for negative links.
    and do positive searches by clicking positive links using different IPs and promote positive content which are coming next to it by social sharing. Linking building on targeted keyword and doing deep linking.

5th create positive informative and engaging content using that keywords on which you want to remove negative link.

Somesh Kumar, Aug 20, 2016 IP