1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Permission error in Wordpress Exporting Mail list

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by smokey99, Mar 18, 2016.

Hello,
    I am running wordpress with the free plugin "Newsletter Manager" by xyz scripts
    Every time I go to export my subscriber list, I get a permission error

"Warning: fopen(/home/newyyys/public_html/wp-content/uploads/xyz_em/export/xyz_em_list.csv): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/newccws/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter-manager/admin/import_export.php on line 136
    can't open file"

I have changed permission of import_export.php to 0777 just while I try to export, but I cant get it to work.
    Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

smokey99, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the import_export-file you need to change permissions on, it's the csv-file - however if that file is created by the PHP-process, it should be owned by the same user, and there should be no problem opening it. Might be something funky about your server, all depending. Take a look at the logs.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  3. drestauro

drestauro Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you are crossing user directories. The script is executed from /home/newccws/, and trying to open a file on /home/newyyys/. An adequate solution would be to create a group, add the newccws to the group and chgrp the cvs file to the group you created. Then chmod 751 the cvs file to give the group rw to the file. If you are having a problem with the groups you can 755 the CSV file but then everyone has read/execute on the cvs file. Of course, if you need to write to that file then you would need to use 771 for the group or 777 without. But 777 gives the world write access. I try to never use the trip 7s.

drestauro, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  4. smokey99

smokey99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you folks, I appreciate your help :)

smokey99, Mar 22, 2016 IP