1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

people's perception

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by advancedfuture, Feb 17, 2006.

So, of course I'm frustrated that most of the .net and .com's are taken, but of course it's no shock..

So my question is this... I need domains. If i create random domains like www.accline.com etc. And put up a site on there, are the users going to care much that its not www.computersupport.com or whatever? Im just thinking from an advertising standpoint. I guess it probably doesnt matter much... Your thoughts please?

advancedfuture, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  2. rythm

rythm Peon

Best Answers:
    A generic brandable .com will be an added advantage for sure, that of course comes with a higher price tag.

rythm, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  3. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well (in my opinion) you don't need a high dollar domain, just a .com short and sweet, maybe something that flows.. maybe even a non word, (if it flows) like foobies.com or tictoxi.com it's all about your domain being "unique" it sets you apart from the www.getyourinternetstuffhere.com clones.. and people will remember it, they will also be inclined to visit your site when they see the domain in the search engines, from curriosity alone..

for instance google, ebay, xanga, etc etc...

tokipo.com <-- mine, people like it.. :p

donteatchicken, Feb 21, 2006 IP