1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

People are stealing my Software, need suggestions

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by dexbyte, Mar 16, 2017.

So I have created one software tool for windows and I posted it on my website and on a big forum where my software got featured. And even if I have mentioned in the forums that please do not copy download link out of this forum, either link to the forum or to my website but nobody seems to follow that.

I really worked hard for to build my own software but many other bigger websites are stealing away my traffic from my website which is the original page. What can I do to get solve this? Any suggestions?

dexbyte, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  2. monica369

monica369 Member

Best Answers:
    Do not published your software tool. Describe the most detail what is included and what can be used and sell it on. Because wherever you post it always can be copied.

monica369, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You said anyone can access it from your site? Is it behind a paywall?
    I would start with filing a dcma with google. File a lawsuit against the website owners to have the files removed and seek compensation.

Ok, I do not know for certain how you can best protect your software. But here is some ideas.

- If your software is php, web based (i know you said windows, so it is probly not), you can use WHMCS to encrypt it. This means it does a license check, and if it fails, the end user cannot use the software.
    - amember has software for handling memberships (paywall software). It does NOT protect your software from being copied and shared illegally. but it can handle signups, payments, and once clients signup and pay, depending on their membership level they can access certain files.
    - look at a way of making your software work for only 30-90 days or something. Hard wire it to stop working on a preset date and time. Have it come up with "upgrade is ready, you must upgrade to continue". And of course, all users that paid to signup under amember, will have access to the new files. Everyone else.... wont.

Maybe this will not help with the current software. But maybe it will help with your next project.

matt_62, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  4. dbs00

dbs00 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any protection in your software? or your giving it away for free.
    if it's a free product, just brand your product. Made by X, More info "put your link" , etc
    that way if ppl share it everywhere you will make yourself known :) so it's a good thing

dbs00, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  5. SECTRIX

SECTRIX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make the registration through online account mandatory in your software just like Adobe CC.

SECTRIX, Apr 6, 2017 IP