1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Jan 7, 2008.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The last time they fired, they shot down a commercial airliner.

Well to tell the truth,
    Is Iran hostile to the US? Yes.
    Is Iran a threat to the US? Well I don't think so.
    Is Iran the biggest sponsor of the terrorism? Well no, not the biggest but ofcourse they support Hezbollah.

The Webmaster, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the main reason the civil war was faought wasnt about slavery. I used to think in this naive fashion. Lincon himself said if he had a choice he would rather have sent the slaves back to africa. The civil war was fought to prevent the splintering of the union, to save the country from breaking apart. Slavery was a side issue. The north knew if it let the south break away , the south would eventually become very strong financially from their cotton business . Do you actually think the actual player from the north cared for the slaves at all?

pingpong123, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Once the civil war started Slavery was a side issue.

But it was the main issue that started the civil war. The conflict started in bloody Kansas and the anti-slavery movement. The Jim Brown slave rebellion is a good example of this.

bogart, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, secession and tariffs were the issues. Lincoln himself was willing to keep slavery if it meant saving the Union.

A lot of farmers who were not slave owners fought for the south. The agricultural tariffs were killing them.

I read a pretty interesting article the other day, on what foreign papers had to say, because no one believes the Southern media, and the Northern media was heavily censored by Lincoln.

European Views of the War To Prevent Southern Independence
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo119.html

guerilla, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    :(:(
    YOU GOT IT WRONG AGAIN!
    They shot down two flying carpets... because they were allied!

Valley, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well .. 9-11 proved that a civilian airliner is a dangerous weapon.

bogart, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    After reading up on the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and Operation Northwoods, you're gunna have to excuse me for rolling my eyes when there are small foreign boats lead by Iranians speaking heavily accented English. Ahmadinejad (multiple degrees) doesn't speak English, but his boat commanders do?

guerilla, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Sarcasm is cool when used appropriately.

Yepp, and a cruiser with a crew that can't distinguish between an F-14 and a Boing 747 commercial airliner on routine flight is even more dangerous.

10. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    This is a very kind position of you to take, especially considering there are no parallels between either.

If it were America that did this, and you were this kind to America, I'd be really impressed.

"small foreign boats?" You can't be serious? Please tell me you are not willfully working on behalf of Iran to belittle this major provocation by Iran?

GTech, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  11. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Allied carpets is the largest rug seller in UK
    British 1991 Gulf War joke saying that that a flying carpet was shot down which was allied
    http://www.alliedcarpets.com/

Valley, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No parallels? Are you even familiar with the Gulf of Tonkin incident? Do you know what Operation Northwoods is?

I'm always kind to America. I don't want her sons and daughters being led off to another Vietnam.

You got me GTech, I am working for Iran. Ahmadinejad is IMing me right now on MSN, he says that for his next trick, he will teach his boat commanders French.

guerilla, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  13. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he was being cynical due to education costs in Iran and due to discovery of Iranian Euros for oil discovery. Might even be implying it is alast minute attempt to alter polls in the classic political military way.
    I actually went to college with Iranian students, but they were deported in the first Gulf War !

Valley, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  14. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guerilla, you don't actually expect GTech to be familiar with things like that, do you? He's showed a continued willful ignorance of all economic theory, national & middle eastern & world history, and still doesn't understand a large portion of the platform his party runs upon. I'd be surprised if he could point out Iran on a map.

omgitsfletch, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  15. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't expect Gtech to respond, he seem to show his lower than average IQ in his statements then when he gets proved wrong he runs away never to be seen again.

killafawk, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  16. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Look if you don't let him a win a few threads I am going to have to change my avvy to his side. It is like watching a 5 a side with the Goalie missing

Valley, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Iranian only used a few words of English. Lots of Iranians can speak English. There's a billion people that speak it.

I am coming to you. ... You will explode after ... minutes

Actually it's pretty common to have naval officers speak some English as it's the international language.

The American warships did not open fire. But who is to say the next time this happens that one of the Iranian Warships is not loaded with explosives.

The USS Cole, a modern destroyer armed with guided missiles was attacked by small craft packed wth explosives in Yemen during 2000. (Bill Clinton was President at the time)

[​IMG]

bogart, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  18. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bogart, to make it clear, if our boats are attacked, or there is serious threat of an attack besides a broken English, garbled message in a heavy accent, then they should fire and defend themselves. And they should shoot to kill.

I'm 100% behind this.

I just find it ironic that after the Gulf of Tonkin, and declassified stuff like Operation Northwoods, that people don't find the whole thing a little bit much like a scene from a bad "B" movie.

I mean, our own Commanders have discussed creating enemy craft and staging attacks to gain sentiment for war. And our nuclear subs could take out Iran in under 2 hours, levelling the entire country.

Is this a case of the elephant being afraid of the mouse? It's frakkin Iran man. Not the USSR. Not the British Empire. Not an invasion from outer space. It's frakkin Iran.

guerilla, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    And they got 11,000 rockets ready to be launched within the first minute of any attack... :eek:

20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any of those gunna reach the Continental US? Should we evacuate the Hawaiians?

guerilla, Jan 8, 2008 IP