1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin Update Petition

Discussion in 'Google' started by stubsy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    No one can figure Google out, no matter how much they think they can. Google doesn't like you unless you're big business. Sorry, but that's the truth. If you're site hasn't been affected yet, don't worry it will be. It's time to think about other ways to get traffic and put effort into those methods. If it really bothers you, you can always do what they want and pay for Adwords. That's what it's all about right now.

WeCreateCash, May 2, 2012 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! Well said.

indyonline, May 2, 2012 IP
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had warned some people before, not to support Google too much. But they felt Google won't harm their site.
    Now those guys telling "I hate Google".
    But I have never thought that my prediction will come true too earlier.
    So all Webmaster Friends, it's time to move on.
    Don't support a Company too much, which may betray you later.

pupul, May 2, 2012 IP
  4. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great in theory but in reality it doesn't work. You can have the greatest content in the world, but if your ranked on page 25 of the search results no one is going to find it

soniqhost.com, May 2, 2012 IP
  5. mummymania

mummymania Peon

Best Answers:

Me too! Google is evil. Evil money oriented robots!

mummymania, May 2, 2012 IP
  6. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Ya, because Google is not ranking for quality content these days. As much as they wanna say they are. Like you said, the "greatest content in the world" ranking that far back. They want you to pay them via Adwords. I have built a couple sites just for testing, built no links to them and watched them climb the search results after advertising them with Adwords only.
    ----------
    I, like many others, am working more towards getting traffic from Facebook for most of my sites. Eventually more and more webmasters will be tired of their shit and start looking for other sources of traffic and Google is going to dig it's own grave. Not that I think they are ever going to completely fall off, but I think they are screwing themselves in many ways and are driving people to move away from them, their services and the SE.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
    indyonline, May 2, 2012 IP
  7. exploretalent

exploretalent Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone

How penguin analysis improves SEO? Thanks

exploretalent, May 3, 2012 IP
  8. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not completely true. Surely google likes these young social networking freaks who create niche Google+ pages and spend their lives stuffing them with un-monetized content.

Then again, these are the types of kids with a future sitting at a desk in a big business, so maybe you are right.

cashmirrors, May 3, 2012 IP
  9. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You people can't be serious!! A petition, lol. Seriously? Just stop using them for anything at all and that'll speak a million times louder. Believe it or not a group of 1500 to 2500 webmasters completely dropping google would send them a wake up call...5,000 or more doing so would hurt their search engine results, 15,000 or more and they start losing marketshare...that's where your focused should be. Some of your are comical, petition google over penguin and yet when you leave here will go do stuff on one google system or another..yeah that's the way to get change. I am 100% google free from mail servers, all the way to outright blocking google crawls.

cinema, May 3, 2012 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  10. pcbro34

pcbro34 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the pointers - but its a waste of time. These days you can build a "perfect" website but there will always be something wrong with it in the eyes of Google. Thousands of legitimate businesses have been destroyed by PANDA and PENGUIN updates and we cannot do anything about it - never will. So what do I say about it? The only thing I can - F*CK Google and all Google employees who read this thread! I hope the FTC takes a big shit on their head.

pcbro34, May 3, 2012 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  11. indyonline

Best Answers:
    2 very good points.
    While this petition idea is absolutely FN retarded, we are going to all have to eventually get tired of it and ban together. We did it with SOPA and PIPA so we can do it against Google too. and I don't mean a petition, I mean all of us stop using their services and stop catering to their SE.

So far I have not been affected by any of there updates but I truly believe they are getting, well have been, too powerful. While the government funded so much of Google, they need to fund somebody else to make a SE too so things can be fair and not one company having so much control. Google ain't perfect either, the stuff they tell us not to do, they do and it's alright because it's them and they THINK they own the internet.

I would really like to see Facebook integrate Bing SE into their site. That would cut Googles SE traffic in half I bet.

indyonline, May 3, 2012 IP
  12. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing

jhardy2008, May 3, 2012 IP
  13. shhassannaseer

shhassannaseer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Highly appreciated and great point to reduce the penguin effect....

shhassannaseer, May 5, 2012 IP
  14. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Penguin is abruptly targeting some SEO methods right now which affect in the sites we are working for. But if you do the normal way of optimizing a site, you can generate quality links that can't damage by Google Penguin.

Abbey14, May 5, 2012 IP
  15. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you guys.. It is not healthy with only one competitor

PCOnline, May 5, 2012 IP
  16. ~DarkBlood

~DarkBlood Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha... let's you
    if IPO of facebook is good, may be facebook can kill google

~DarkBlood, May 12, 2012 IP