1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin 2.0 hit my site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Hawaii, Jun 4, 2013.

My site got hit for 2 keywords its an old site and has been on the first page of google for over 8 years.

One is my state (colorado)

other is (real estate)

All other pages come up in a search for other keywords.

If you search cities it comes up with out the real estate.

How can I recovered from this?

I removed about 50% of the links that said Colorado real estate, can't think of anything else to do.

Hawaii, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  2. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with penalties (if that's what it is) is that they are precisely that... You can recover eventually, but don't expect any miracles. I had a client who, having read a little bit about backlinking, decided to take it upon himself to build out a few doorway pages to his site using domain names that he had "just sitting there" in Godaddy.

Unfortunately, he wasn't aware that there are certain precautions you must take to properly disguise your doorway pages (not that I condone them, just if you're going to do it, do it right) such as having separate C-Class IPs and hiding your domain registration info. Needless to say, he got hit for his main keywords and dropped from page one to page 57. I removed the doorway pages months ago, but he has still yet to recover from the penalty and is currently on page 17.

I ended up building him a new site and got him back on the first page with that one while we wait for the old one to recover. You may want to consider doing the same if you were indeed penalized, as it's often easier just to start over with a clean slate then to try to get back in good graces with the big "G".

ultimat1, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. Hawaii

Hawaii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, just trying to figure what to do now.
    I removed a redirect I had from my old site and that is ranking now on the third page for my keywords.
    Not sure what would happen if I move all my content over to the old domain.
    Google told me that my site will recover in 30,60,90 days if i removed the correct back links that caused the problem. But you know how that goes.

Hawaii, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    start to disavow links which have a citation flow under 20 and a trust flow under 5 (the citation flow meter and the trust meter with the help of MajesticSeo

passcrk2005, Jun 5, 2013 IP