1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pedophilia and Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by newbie191, Oct 5, 2019.

I have always admired Michael Jackson for his music. But when I go to youtube videos of his songs I read comments from many people who accuse him for mainly two things

1) He was a pedophile
    2) He was ashamed to be a black person

I understand that he went through many surgeries to get rid of his fat nose. Maybe he didn't like the color of his skin or maybe he wanted it to be something different.
    But was he really a pedo? Can such a person survive in society? If he was like that then why wasn't he punished while he was alive? Basically I don't understand the reason behind so much hate towards such a great musician.

newbie191, Oct 5, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There must be screeds that have been written on both topics
    1. He certainly groomed young boys and their parents. There were lawsuits but celebrity and money shielded him from the consequences. Did he actually cross the line into actual paedophilia? It certainly appears that way.
    2. Ashamed to be black? or just wanted to be white? or completely emotionally screwed over by his father and didn't want to look like him? He claims to be the sperm donor used in the conception of his children - but most of us call bullshit on that.
      [​IMG]

sarahk, Oct 6, 2019 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In general, you have to hold your nose and forget about an entertainer's personal life and activities to be able to enjoy most forms of entertainment. Most entertainers have a bit of talent in being able to read, sing, or otherwise enhance words written by others. Some actually write their own words, like Jackson. However, like all humans, they are flawed and those flaws receive additional scrutiny due to their celebrity.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning any of their actions, but when it comes down to it, do I care if my corporate attorney is an alcoholic at home as long as his legal work is good? It is really no difference with celebrities. I make a point to ignore all of the stupid things that celebrities say and do; otherwise, I would have very few outlets for entertainment.

jrbiz, Oct 8, 2019 IP