1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

/!\ /!\ /!\ PD is back :) New logo contest $80 winner takes all -ends in 3 days

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Dec 27, 2011.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks again pehulz but I think I prefer the previous one better at post #78 The P seems to look a little more stylish at post #78

proteindude, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  2. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jokomamamita: just now I saw your post. It looks really, really good. If I can ask for one more change. Could you make the red more like coca cola red. And this may ruin the whole design but perhaps it's worth giving a try. Could you make the A a little longer somehow so that it fills a little more space ander the P? Something similar to this example below (sorry but my paint skills are very limited). Keep the same fot for the A but just stretch out one side of the letter.

[​IMG]

proteindude, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  3. jokomamamita

jokomamamita Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Thanks for your feedback again. I am now posting the changes made to the colors and will do further revision on the 'A' as you requested in a moment. Thanks! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jokomamamita, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  4. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    vinpkl, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  5. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    vinpkl, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  6. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    vinpkl, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  7. Razi3l

Razi3l Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Razi3l, Dec 30, 2011 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  8. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Dec 30, 2011 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  9. jokomamamita

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Here is my revised design with the change on the 'A':

[​IMG]

jokomamamita, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  10. bitwer

bitwer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

New version :)

bitwer, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  11. guideline

guideline Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My revision...

[​IMG]

Deliverable in ai/eps.
    Cheers.

guideline, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  12. logoesdesign

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hope the "P" with small "A" brandable enough.

[​IMG]

logoesdesign, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  13. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    vinpkl, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  14. jokomamamita

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My further revision:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    jokomamamita, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello again talented people. Here's where I am at the moment. I am strongly leaning towards some logos though I am not fully sold on them yet. They look good but not exactly what I want. So what I would like to do is announce the top three finalists and then it is up to the finalists whether or not they decide to do some changes to win the contest.

The contest is still open to anyone who wants to enter it but I think in less than 24hrs from this post i will choose the winner.

I am going to announce the finalists first and then I will also provide the feedback to the other contestants.

Finalist #1 is jhaye (entry via the pm): I like how yours is easy to read but we still need to do something about the P. Once the P gets fixed up I think you have the highest chances to win this contest. That swoosh in the P doesn't do it for me and please present the P red and white only without any additional colour such as silver. The P looks good as far as the font but for brandability purposes please try something else other than the swoosh inside the P.

Finalist #2 is jokomamita: your logo is a tough one to judge because I really like it but everyone else seems to think it's not "enough" somehow. They say perhaps keep it as it is but try and make it (if possible) a little more unique by perhaps having the O part of both P_rotein and A_uthority so that when they are on top of each other they share the same letter O or perhaps another letter suct as T etc. I really like the fonts you used and the version I would work on is this one. But please be aware that although we like the font very much and also like the fact your logo looks very suitable on its angle I may perhaps be asking for something that may end up wasting your time if jhaye manages to nail the P. Also thanks for doing the A thing but it looks like I was wrong and it's better with it's original a.

[​IMG]

finalist #3 kainraziall for post #76, the logo looks good, it's easy to read but perhaps you can have the letters in P_rotein closer to each other so the logo is a little more compact somehow. And while the P looks good and brandable perhaps try doing something a little more unique to it if you can

So guys if you aren't mentioned here as a finalist you can still post your entries but remember the guys above are the ones to beat in this contest.

pehulz: all your logos look good but perhaps a little "imbalanced" somehow. The balance perhaps can be achieved by getting the letters to be closer to each other. The guys in the office still really like your logo and the P but they think somehow it's not as visible, not as bold as other logos

vinpkl: thanks again but they all look somehow a little too busy. Nice fonts though

Razi3l: thank you again but I am not even sure how to reply because we really liked your logo, it looks clean and balanced and we liked it the very first time and we still do. The only problem is it still looks a little too busy. The font looks really really good and we really like it. We feel a bit bad saying no to this logo because it was one of our favorites but minus the business. If you still have the time I still think it's worth perhaps giving it one more shot by just simplifying it a little (don't change the font if you do but only simplify the p)

logoesdesign: thank you and it is definitely brandable but as a complete logo I feel it is a little too busy

bitwer: sorry man to dissapoint you again but not going in the right direction. It's not as bold as I would have liked it to be.

guideline: thanks you but while I like the font and the positioning the P doesn't do it for me. It reminds me of that buddhist symbol yin and yen or whatever it's called.

proteindude, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  16. jokomamamita

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh my, this is getting tougher and tougher. Good luck to all the other finalists and contestants! :)

Thanks for your feedback, PD. I have revised my entry by further enhancing it and giving more exposure to the brandable entity.

Here's the design:

[​IMG]

jokomamamita, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  17. logoesdesign

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  18. kainraziall

kainraziall Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @CH - Thanks for your feedback, Good luck to All.

I have created 4 design with some difference, Hope you like it

Here is my Revised Designs.

[​IMG]

kainraziall, Dec 31, 2011 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  19. pehulz

pehulz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revision before new year :)
    [​IMG]

Happy new year everybody!!

pehulz, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all Happy New Year everyone and I hope it's a prosperous one and you all win lots of contests.

NOW, I HAVE A BIG BIG DILEMMA AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED SINCE I STARTED HOLDING CONTESTS HERE AT DP. The dilemma is this, I just cannot choose a logo. There are plenty of logos and yet not one single one of them fully meets my expectations. But there are plenty of positives in all the logos and elements which I like in several logos but not one single logo is complete. So my suggestion is this and please let me know if this is ok with you: I would like to split the $80 four ways and give each of the finalists $20. The finalists do not have to send any files accross or anything. All the 4 finalists need to do is give me the name of the font used and that is all and I will send the $20 each via paypal.

If you think this is unfair for whatever the reason, then I will pick one "winner" and will send across $40 and the "winner" doesn't need to send anything accross just like mentioned at the beginning of the contest. So please let me know your opinions and I apologise in advance if my suggestion is offending anyone but like I said I was never in a position not to be able to choose a logo.

The four finalists are:
    jhaye
    jokomamamita
    kainraziall
    razi3l

proteindude, Jan 1, 2012 IP