1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pc LCD monitor keeps going black?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amped66, Jan 20, 2009.

I have a LG LCD monitor for my pc, a while ago every so often the screen would go black but the green light would still be on.

It then started doing it every few minutes, the only way to get the screen back on is to turn the monitor off then back on. My friend suggested I the vista theme to the old windows them, so i did and it stopped doing it.

Yesterday it started doing it again, and now its turning off every few minutes.

Does any one know whats wrong?

I have turned off the power save mode so its not that.

amped66, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  2. homedecor

homedecor Peon

Best Answers:
    Try reducing the screen resolution. I had this problem with a new mother board, it would go black when I tried to open something then come back on after a few seconds. It could be the video card does not have enough memory to support what you are trying to do.

homedecor, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. bryan_tong

bryan_tong Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your computer have a video card or is it an integrated card.

What is most likely happening is a heat issue and the card is shutting down to preserve itself. But then again you say the way to fix it is turn the monitor off. So maybe the monitor is have problems with the refresh rate. Try a higher refresh rate it may make the monitor stay in range better.

bryan_tong, Jan 21, 2009 IP