1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payxap.com similar to Paypal

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by seo_buzz, Jul 18, 2017.

Hi,
    What do you think about this domain Payxap.com?
    I think it could used to make Paypal alternate or something similar.

One of the site estimated the price around $2,000. What is your opinion?

seo_buzz, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    More like the regular registration price unless you already have a solution in place and three tons of spare money for advertising.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Blank ™, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  3. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To compete with Paypal you will need to do loads of advertising. It's not enough to buy a domain with a supposedly good name.

MrKing01, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  4. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think both of you miss the point here. I am not discussing to build a business like Paypal. It is domain appraisal thread, so it would be better if you could comment on that issue only.

seo_buzz, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  5. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The domain does sound a bit catchy. But domain wise I think it will struggle as an alternative to other payment processing sites. The word "pay" should of course be used as a prefix or suffix. Regarding Paypal the word "pay" is used as a prefix. Regarding Worldpay the word "pay" is used as a suffix. The only problem that I can see with your domain suggestion is the word that comes after the prefix "pay". There should be a meaning just like other payment processing sites. In Paypal's case the term "pal" means friend. You know that the payment processing is friendly. But using the term "xap" after "pay" seems a bit odd. "Xap" is a file format used for Silverlight applications and to distribute and and install application software for Windows phones. Could you explain what "Xap" means?

MrKing01, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  6. seo_buzz

Best Answers:
    FYI your information, I would like to add it is not "domain suggestion" thread as the domain is already registered by me.

Regarding the word "xap", it would sound like "asap". Now combining those 2 words, you can understand the complete meaning. Also it is not mandatory to have meaning for the word that comes after "pay". For example payza. The word "za" don't have any meaning. There are several other examples as well. Its up to the company how they promote the brand.

seo_buzz, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In your first post you didn't mention that you had already registered the domain. You basically stated that there was a domain that could be
    used as an alternative to Paypal and that a website had valued it to a certain amount of money. So it was not wrong to assume that it
    was a "domain suggestion".

Moreover, I didn't notice that your intention with the word "xap" was that it would resemble "asap" regarding the sound. You have to ask a number of people what they think of when they hear "payxap". Ask your friends, family members, colleagues etc. Then you will be certain in this matter. Sometimes people don't think the same as you do. But if a lot of people do, you know that you have found a good domain name.

Also, I don't disagree with you when you say that it's not mandatory to have a meaning for the word that comes after "pay". However, the ending should make the brand name catchy if you choose this route.

MrKing01, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  8. seo_buzz

Best Answers:
    As you are new to DP, it seems you are not well aware about the rules and regulations. User can't post a thread on Domain Appraisal thread until the domain is registered.

I am not sure if the domain is good enough but there are not many domains available with word "pay". You can search that yourself.

seo_buzz, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  9. seo_buzz

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to compete with PayPal. May be some startup is planning to compete with PayPal and the domain name can be nice fit!

seo_buzz, Jan 8, 2018 IP