1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal's "Notification of payment received" email not being sent

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by champ, Aug 21, 2009.

Paypal automatically emails a "Notification of payment received" email whenever a customer makes a purchase, but lately I've not been receiving them. Has anyone experienced this? Have some of paypal's default email settings been changed?

champ, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well i do get most of them but at times even i dont get emails from them but the payment is still there maybe its their busy mailing server

Bohra, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  3. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup,I used to..I think there is something wrong with your email

Moses8595, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  4. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    It's your mail server most likely. Paypal's email system works almost immediately every time.

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  5. champ

champ Member

Best Answers:
    All my other mail is coming in fine. Paypal's email receipts are sent immediately following a transaction, but I've not received anything yesterday. I checked paypal's policy changes, and there's no reference to alterations in their automatic email delivery preferences.

The express checkout API implementation hasn't changed. This is a mystery to me.

champ, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to check this at your end as nothing changed at paypal's end. Try to use another email account (another extension).

DON.

deluxdon, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  7. pepprs

pepprs Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have multiple emails configured at paypal? paypal send to only one email for a transaction which inititaed the payment. lets say you have abc@yahoo and abc@gmail both registered to your paypal. When client pay you at gmail you wont get the email at yahoo. although its all the same account. Hope this helps.

pepprs, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  8. champ

champ Member

Best Answers:
    I only have one email account registered at paypal. paypal's live site status blog makes reference to some "Instant Payment Notifications(IPN)" errors that were fixed on Aug 20 at 12:50am, but I don't implement IPN, so that has nothing to do with me.

By the way, thanks everyone for chiming in with your suggestions.

champ, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  9. hostinghelp24

hostinghelp24 Banned

Best Answers:
    It could be server problem.

hostinghelp24, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  10. slobzo

slobzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been having the same problem since August 12, 2009. No "Notification of payment received" email. In the last 2 years, I've recieved over 2,000 emails from Paypal like this with no problem. All of a sudden they just stopped. I have yet to find out what the issue is. I use Dreamhost, I guess I should have a look there. Paypal swears it isnt them, but yet they will not verify that they are sending emails. Ugh.

slobzo, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I also faced this problem with my hotmail email.
    But my premier paypal account which using gmail is fine to receive the payment email from paypal.
    What email you using?

mentos, Aug 22, 2009 IP
    Feizar likes this.
  12. slobzo

slobzo Peon

Best Answers:

I primarily use an email hosted by Dreamhost (through my own domain): no paypal email received.

then i switched my primary paypal email to my residential isp: brighthouse networks: no paypal email received.

then i switched my primary paypal email to my gmail address: no paypal email received.

I'm convinced that paypal is not sending the message.

If I send money through the 'send money' option on Paypal, I get the notification "You've got money!" But if it's through the IPN, there is no message. Yes, the IPN is working ok, as the transactions are working fine... just no notification.

ps- i am using zencart 1.3.7.

slobzo, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  13. clientkiller

clientkiller Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been experiencing the exact same problem. I will be contacting paypal tomorrow about it and will post my results.

My last paypal payment notification was at 00:45 on the 20th. I get all other paypal emails except for the paypal checkout express notification ones.

I've checked my server logs and there is no sign of paypal even attempting to connect to the server to deliver the emails so i am 100% convinced this is either a change in their checkout express API or a technical bug in their systems.

If anyone else knows a solution to this please let me/us know. :)

clientkiller, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  14. slobzo

slobzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll be darned. 2 transactions in the last hour and both of them generated the notification email from Paypal. Weird! So now its working again, I suppose... maybe... cross the fingers. :(

I did see on the Paypal developers community forum yesterday that the IPN has had a lot of problems this last week and also email notifications too. Ugh.

slobzo, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  15. Feizar

Feizar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Once it happened to me too, I recieved email after 26 hours from paypal that I had recieved a payment, may be the mail server was too busy.

Feizar, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  16. clientkiller

clientkiller Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah sometimes we get the odd late one but we've never had complete loss like this before.

Fortunately we don't use the emails for anything as we've integrated the IPN system but its just nice to be able to track sales using the emails, so I hope ours magically fixes itself soon as well :)

clientkiller, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  17. champ

champ Member

Best Answers:
    The problem still persists for me. this paypal developer forum post details what I'm experiencing. It seems to effect "Express Checkout" transactions.

I phoned Paypal and they said that others have contacted them and reported the same thing about notification emails no longer being delivered. They said their developers are working on it.

champ, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  18. nedd

nedd Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you find solution for this issue? I have the same problem with not receiving PayPal "notification of payment received" emails started from August 20. I'm using "Express Checkout" for my web shop payments. I have emailed PayPal twice about the issue and got only unusable canned responses.

nedd, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  19. champ

champ Member

Best Answers:
    No. The problem persists.

champ, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  20. trafficprovider2009

trafficprovider2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    sometimes this happened, but maybe its because of your filter option, the best thing is you can add there email on your yahoo contacts or gmail contacts in order for you to receive there email automatically.

trafficprovider2009, Sep 15, 2009 IP