1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal, you need to add bank account now?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by davcheong, May 15, 2007.

Today i just noticed that when i want to accept funds, i need to add bank account??? Has anyone from countries which is not include in the paypal country list, having this issue?

davcheong, May 15, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are not from a country which is included in the Paypal support list then you should not even have a Paypal account as it is a violation of the terms of the contract.

If you are and you can accept payment then just add a bank account to it so that you can withdraw to it. It is not really a big issue.

eddy2099, May 16, 2007 IP
  3. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is odd that you can receive funds into your PayPal account with no problem when you havent verified it with a credit card or bank account - BUT to spend or withdraw you have to verify with CC or bank acct.

I know someone who built up quite a balance before they realized this. They will probably never be able to access their funds! I wonder how many people this has happened to.

kentuckyslone, May 16, 2007 IP
  4. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably a US Bank Account. Not your country's

So, if you dont have a US Bank Account, its an issue for you...

inworx, May 16, 2007 IP
  5. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just receive an email from Paypal mentioning about this issue.

I believe that it will be solve soon.

inworx : Most of the webmaster doesn't have a US Bank account, and that wasn't and issue, you still can receive and send fund if you have a credit card which had verified via paypal.

kentuckyslone : Yes. I am a verified member and a paypal premier member. If some of the member have business with me before, they know.

eddy2099 :
    I believe there are more people or member where they are from, isnt on the list, they are using it for more then a number of years.

davcheong, May 16, 2007 IP
  6. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    So, if you do this, you dont have any right to complain after your account gets blocked or limited or whatever...

inworx, May 16, 2007 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because they are doing something which is a breach of contracts and not being caught does not make it the right thing to do.

You signed a contract with Google and in that contract you claim to be from the Paypal Approved Country. If you lie about that, what makes you trustworthy ?

I mean it is like shoplifting is an acceptable thing to do if the shoplifter is not caught.

I stop accepting payments from paypal because there are too many people who ignore the terms and conditions. It is hard to see who is honest anymore.

eddy2099, May 16, 2007 IP
  8. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:

Even the verification process cannot be used to check if the member is verified or not...:eek::(

inworx, May 16, 2007 IP
  9. davcheong

Best Answers:
    The point here, i think i might have mis-inteprate. What i meant was for those isn't on the list, was actually meaning to those that are not listed in the send-receive payment country list and i am not refering to "Eligibility for Use. To be eligible for an account under.. " section 4 of user agreement of paypal.

Sorry for any interprete.

10. markhanrry

markhanrry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard that you only need bank account when you recieve check to encash it or deposit it on that name.

markhanrry, May 16, 2007 IP
  11. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=327381

Are you from one of these countries ?

Turkey
    Costa Rica
    Dominican Republic
    Iceland
    Israel
    Luxembourg*
    Malaysia
    Venezuela

Paypal accepts that it is their fault but no solution for 6 days and they can not even understand the mistake , they keep saying
    "You don't need to add a bank account to accept a payment"
    Write to their support perhaps a lot of people writes they will understant it better.

zangief, May 16, 2007 IP
    davcheong likes this.
  12. davcheong

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply and for the information [​IMG]. Thats what i've been looking for almost a day, and found few sources regarding this issue. Yes i am in Malaysia, i think most of the senior member knows that i am from malaysia [​IMG]

I guess most of the member in that area are facing the same issue, i hope paypal will fix it soon. [​IMG]

13. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    This is the UGLY part of paypal. It is not that that they don't understand this. They are deliverately doing this and people can loose substantial amount of money. A person only withdraws money when he needs money, so just imagine his situation when paypal shows him the message....

poseidon, May 16, 2007 IP
    davcheong likes this.
  14. somuchmore

somuchmore Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Paypal would do better if they lift the embargo on other countries.

somuchmore, May 16, 2007 IP
  15. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    davcheong is from malaysia (i remember him from last year), and malaysia is a country which can send and receive payments, but cannot withdraw those funds into a bank account. to withdraw to a bank account you will need a US bank account.

there're two workarounds to this:
    1) get someone in singapore to withdraw the funds for you
    2) buy that ebook about using paypal and clickbank in malaysia (i think it was RM37).

devin, May 17, 2007 IP
    davcheong likes this.
  16. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Devin. I misread his initial post when he said

It gave me the impression that he was not from a paypal supported country. There was no indication that he was from Malaysia at that point of time but he did clarify it much later.

From what I understand, being from Singapore, Malaysia had some foreign currency exchange restriction during the last many years now and it is difficult to remit money into Malaysia that easily. It does make it difficult to really do anything there. I cannot bring more than RM1000 across the borders without getting permission from the Central Bank.

eddy2099, May 17, 2007 IP
  17. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    well i understand that it is due to *some* militant activities here, and though the government and the armed forces got them under control (or so the public is led to believe), they're being extremely fussy about foreign currencies flow.

as for the US, you are allowed to bring in up to $10k without declaring.

anyway i'm rather surprise to hear about OP's problem, i've been accepting payments without any problems so far (although i just keep them in paypal since i buy stuffs online too). i've PMed OP to offer to take a look at the problem.

devin, May 17, 2007 IP
  18. Sandi

Sandi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same problem accours in Turkish accounts too. I hope they resolve this quickly.

Sandi, May 17, 2007 IP
  19. davcheong

Best Answers:
    Thanks for mentioning, appreciate that you still recall me :). And also thanks for the helping hand.

Its tough to have paypal which i cant withdraw the fund, but still can use as purchase of new domain and buy some service. Its great to know DP member and my best chair is sitting here, its been almost 2 years that i've sat here and really glad and have no regret of joining this forum member plus having a lot of DP member as a virtual family.

davcheong, May 17, 2007 IP
  20. mng

mng Peon

Best Answers:
    The restrictions only started after the Asian financial crisis in 1997. The restrictions is to control the flow of currencies in order to maintain stability. In fact, only late last year was the Malaysian currency be allowed to be traded.

Re: Militant activities does not involve $1,000 at a time. These funding should be easily worth millions!

mng, May 18, 2007 IP