1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal woes

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Crusader, Oct 8, 2005.

I live in South Africa, and at this stage Paypal only allows South Africans to send money by using their credit cards.

Being a webmaster I really need the facility to receive payments from the various ad networks I use and then to use those payments to pay for hostiing etc. etc.I don't need to be able to withdraw the funds from the paypal account, but alas they won't allow me to receive payments.

Does anyone know a way I can get a paypal account to do this, or am I stuck waiting for them to someday consider giving South African's a full account?

Crusader, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  2. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in exactly the same position (also from South Africa), and it sucks. No way around it it seems, we are stuck with other services like 2checkout.
    I would really be interested if anyone has an idea to better this situation.

Dejavu, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you could always set up a UK limited company arrange a bank account and route the money through there. This will cost you pennies, can all be done electronically online, including account use, and will pay for itself in no time.

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  4. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    How would one go about doing this? And wouldn't it mean that you have to pay UK taxes and file income statements etc?

Crusader, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  5. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Crusader,
    Do you have friends over in countries that allow them to withdraw the paypal money? If you do, you can paypal to them then they can write you a check.

obenix, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  6. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't need to withdraw the funds. I just need an account where I can accumulate the finds and pay other people with them.

Crusader, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  7. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Sorry... My speed reading has deterioted..:eek: :p
    Have you considered partnering with a friend that has no paypal restriction?

obenix, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  8. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that might be the only solution at the moment. Will have to see if I can convince one of my overseas friends.

Crusader, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  9. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Crusader, I've had clients who have been unable to pay me via PayPal because there from South Africa. Any ideas why PayPal won't allow South African's to join up?

Maybe you need to start a petition and send it to PayPal?

DarrenC, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  10. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea. Until recently South Africans could not even create a Paypal account. A few months back that changed to allow South African's to create an account to make it possible for them to pay through PayPal using a credit card.

I'm guessing it might be fraud concerns or the like, but I can't understand it really...

Crusader, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  11. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Just highlighting this in case you missed it. It's a perfect solution to your situation.
    http://www.companyregistrations.co.uk/

mcfox, Oct 8, 2005 IP