1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Surveyed Email. Is it Legit?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by mich_alex, Feb 14, 2008.

hey guys. I just got an email from Paypal saying that they doing a random survey from time to time.

Is this legit? but if it's a scam. how the hell they know about my transaction. is there a leak inside paypal. Need some help here guys.

mich_alex, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  2. FHI

FHI Guest

Best Answers:
    Not sure, some odd stuff floating around like this one. If you highlight the link it does not go to ebay and once on the site the navigation does not work. The other thing is I have not bought or sold anything on e-bay for over 2 years.

Dear eBay Member,

Congratulations! Your recent selling activity entitles you to Bronze status in the eBay PowerSeller Program. Please visit www.ebay.com/powerseller and sign in to activate your free membership to enjoy these great benefits and services:

See the PowerSeller icon next to your User ID

Free seller support via Live Chat, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all Bronze PowerSellers. If you also meet the annual volume requirement, you are also eligible for phone support. Log in to the PowerSeller portal for the most updated information on your customer support options.

Get exclusive offerings on the PowerSeller portal--check back often for updates!

Network on the exclusive PowerSeller Discussion Board.

Download free business templates for PowerSeller business cards and letterhead.

Be sure to sign up today--it's FREE! Visit www.ebay.com/powerseller and click "Member Sign In."

Again, congratulations and best wishes for your continued success!

Sincerely,
    eBay PowerSeller Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay sent this communication to you because of your outstanding feedback, high sales, and good account standing. If you would not like to be invited to join the PowerSeller program, follow the directions above, click "Member Sign In", and then click "Decline" at the bottom of the page. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your request.

Copyright © 2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
    eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

EDIT: In the e-mail version the link takes you to: http://power-premium-account.com/cgi5-ebay.com/home.htm which is dead now.

FHI, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  3. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    i think that is a scam. but not sure, were they asking for your personal info ? i didn't receive email about that.

wholahay, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  4. mich_alex

mich_alex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no. but the detail of transaction such as the amount of money and the buyer's email and even my business name is accurate. it just like it was really from Paypal. who else would know about that info besides them.

mich_alex, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  5. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I highly doubt that's a scam. It just sounds like what it is, a quality about that specific transaction. Don't be so paranoid.;)

hav0c, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  6. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not worry its not a phishing mail. I did get one from them a while back when I posted a support query. If you do not want to participate in the survey dont else you can participate in the survey.

ARonald, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  7. kooka

kooka Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same email...last 3 weeks...

But they do survey on my limitation account

and its not scam

kooka, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  8. pipsbank

pipsbank Banned

Best Answers:
    personal opinion - if limited acc or resolution survers then can be trusted..if they asked to login, dont answer

pipsbank, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  9. onlineravi

onlineravi Banned

Best Answers:
    Its not a scam its a normal mail inquiry about some topics
    Account Limitation
    Buying goods and so son on..

onlineravi, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  10. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most definitely not a scam since they address you by name and if the transaction for that amount on that date was made by you then it is definitely real. No one would know such private information apart from paypal, seller and buyer.

eddy2099, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  11. k3v

k3v Banned

Best Answers:
    Not a scam paypal sends survey emails,anyway if a mail don't ask for personal details can't be a scam.

k3v, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  12. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not a scam, but just to be safe I never click on any emails about paypal. I just go to my acount to see if there is a problem.

cool_78, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  13. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I took a survey about their service and they said they would send me a free starbucks $10 Gift card. IT NEVER CAME :(

Shazz, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  14. MoT

MoT Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a paypal survey similar to that after i got my account 'un'limited. I think its legit because they haven't asked you to sign in anywhere, and thats always a good sign :)

MoT, Feb 15, 2008 IP