1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Sucks?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Kaabi, Dec 3, 2005.

1. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    wasn't doubting you, just wanted to see the entire article.

The numbers I picked were just an example. Many view a customer approval rating over 99% as good.

I agree also that a lot of industry sectors are best done with PayPal as the merchant. Although those sectors also seem to have a higher risk to them. This is the risk of doing business for many of us.

ServerUnion, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  2. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lost the post/quote i was replying to, disregard this post

ly2, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  3. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont care, you poke fun at my directory as if its the main part of ly2.com, its a simple addon to give the site a bit more content. the point is your sites look like they were made in the early 90's and here you sit saying my directory sucks.

but whatever, who cares. i still love you. :D

ly2, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, that's no problems :)

I honestly prefer the easy internet solution that Paypal offers. I'm also not totally innocent as I'm under 18, so I'm not allowed to have a Paypal account in the first place. Paypal have proved the virtual payment processing concept and invested heavily into marketing it - now it's time for Google (or another equally money clad company) to step up and beat them at it.

Blitz, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i agree, someone needs to step up ASAP and crush paypal, i think this would make everyone happy. paypal has been on top too long and they are cocky...

ly2, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using them for quite a while now, and have had no problems. They process all our transactions and when I've called with any issues I always get through and have always had someone solve my problem. They also follow up now to see if everything worked out. I'm guessing things have changed now that E-Bay has taken over, maybe if there were issues they've since been taken care of.

While I am happy with their service, now that our business is growing I'll definitely begin looking at merchant accounts, but only because PayPal's rates are a bit high for the volume we're beginning to do. They're great if you're starting out and need an easy solution, but long-term they make up for this simplicity by charging bigger fees with their free shopping cart feature.

Ian

Ian, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  7. extremehardware

extremehardware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal screwed me over with an issue I had with a laptop scammer on eBay. They never tried to help me out, and they were total asses. Fortunately for me, I used AMEX and just got the money back.

extremehardware, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I've been seeing a lot of PaypalSucks sucks, so thats good. Paypal rocks! Maybe I should start a site like that... maybe make some nice AdSense money.

Kaabi, Dec 7, 2005 IP