1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Sucks?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Kaabi, Dec 3, 2005.

1. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    ly2 okay why does it suck. You can't say a service or product sucks without not backing that up. That PayPal Sucks sites sucks, why cos all it's there for is for someone to promote their 'alternative' to PayPal..

Hey, your directory sucks, but I won't waste my typing telling the story :D Get what I mean?

DarrenC, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    1.8 million results for "EBay sucks".

Crazy_Rob, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  3. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    DarrenC, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  4. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Palpal is great, only problem if customer complain, they will take their side.

shahab6, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:

i told one story, perhaps you missed that big rant towards the bottom of my post, eh?

and as far as my directory sucking, yea youre correct, it does suck.

would you like to compare your site with the ly2.com site?
    http://www.travel-rants.com/ yes, a real mind blower there.
    or perhaps /www.promote-travel.com/ ?? MMM again, youre killing it.
    and my personal favorite www.thepresentshop.co.uk
    get what i mean?

P.S.
    actually, i CAN and WILL say whatever i want. this is america remember?

ly2, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  6. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ebay and paypal are evil twins! they are run by the devil! :D

ly2, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  7. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually this is a forum on the internet. Not quite the same thing as a country. ;) Rights to free speech do not (no matter how many users claim it) extend to a privately owned website unless granted by the admin.

Anyways, I've been using paypal for years and never had a single problem.

Moncal, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  8. Contentczar

Contentczar Guest

Best Answers:
    Love paypal, never really had any problems at all, been using them for years. I have heard a few people say they had their account closed down, then It comes out they were doing something against the TOS of paypal, so its no wonder they were shut down.

Selling adult products or Running 2tier+ affiliate programs is a quick way to get shutdown using paypal.

Contentczar, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  9. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my paypal is open and in working order, i also use it ALOT. i only use it because they are the only real choice. =\

ly2, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    The only choice for what?

Crazy_Rob, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  11. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    scenario 1

User1 sends $100 to user2 via paypal.

User1 then does a charge back or used funds from another fraud transaction.

The accounts for all parties involved are frozen until they can track the issues

User2 comes on here, stating paypal sucks because they where nice enough to notice there was some fraud and are taking the time to look into it!

If you dont want to get in this situation, stop trading e-gold and doing business with low end ebay'rs. Remember if you go to a bank with a client's check and they have non sufficient funds NFS, the bank wont cash it. There is no difference here.

ServerUnion, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  12. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Your welcome to provide any feedback you wish about any of the sites in the signature, because it's in my signature and I welcome feedback. Thanks for your proactive comments I will take them on board :D

The presentshop.co.uk is a cool site, and it probably earns shit more income than your crummy directory (In my opinion of course) Have a nice day quit sulking bout PayPal ;)

DarrenC, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  13. Joseph

Joseph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have had thousands of transactions with paypal - all perfect no horror stories yet :)

Joseph, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  14. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This should not turn ugly guys. No need to insult one anothers sites.

If you've been burned by PayPal then it makes sense to feel animosity towards them unless of course ServerUnion's point applies.

It's all circumstance and each case is different. Whether they suck or not, I don't know.

I can say this. I've been a member for 2 years and have had no problems but I can't wait for another solution (Google Wallet) as I'd leave them in a heartbeat, I just don't trust them but it's my only solution at this time. So yes, I've had a positive experience but have heard too many horror stories to trust them, especially with access to my bank account, but it's a risk we take.

Now, stop the petty "your site is worse than mine" crap, there's enough turmoil in this world. ;)

Colleen, Dec 6, 2005 IP
    ServerUnion likes this.
  15. kunalmg

kunalmg Peon

Best Answers:
    looking at d site of paypalsucks it seems that the admin of that site is only to say wrong things about every service offered on d net

kunalmg, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  16. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The duration you've been with Paypal doesn't really matter. I could be with them for 20 years, not have a single transaction and think that they're great. If you deal with many hundreds of transactions every week, and you rely upon them as a service, and they suddenly stop you from doing business for several weeks for no reason, I should think you would quickly change your thoughts about them.

You're correct by saying that Paypal is now owned by eBay. But by saying that there's going to be problems because it's a big organisation is a whacked logic. What kind of mentality is that? You're saying we should expect non-existant customer service from a company because it's run by a big organisation? If anything, the bigger the company, the better the customer service I expect due to the financial resources available. I deal with many large companies, Google, Amazon, Play ect, and I don't have problems with their customer services.

I think you should think before you type. There's plenty of companies who have gone out of business due to Paypal. You ask people to back up their statements on why we feel Paypal sucks. Here's your answer:

Read my original post on Page 2 for what happened to me, I explained what happened to a Paypal phone support person, they cut me off, I reconnected after calling for 20 minutes, I asked to go back to the original person, they said that they couldn't do that for me, I had to explain it all over again, then they put me on hold for over 40 minutes (good thing I have a free phone line), then I got cut off again. I phoned again the next day, explained the whole story again, and they said I needed to fax through my details. I did this, waited the 48 hours, they said they never received it. I sent it again 3 times, and even sent one to a friend to make sure it was working. Waited another 48 hours, phoned up again, and guess what? They hadn't received it. All the while I was sending emails to them like mad, and only getting templates sent back to me. That's exactly why Paypal sucks. At the end of the day, they're dealing with peoples money, they should act like it.

For the record, Paypal have been found guilty in court, for ignoring customer complaints and deleting customer emails.

Blitz, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  17. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not step up with the big boys and get a mwechant account.

In business we take risks, we must accept the drawbacks of these risks. If you car breaks down and you get fired for not not going to work, do you blame the service station? I personaly just ride the bus.

Paypal has millions of customers, at a 99% approval they are doing well at a customer service level. At 1 million customers they still have 10K unhappy customers. Internet based services seem to have a better way of letting these unhappy customers vent.

What about the other 99% that are happy?

18. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Please provide us with references on this. Would like to know how igoring someone is against the law.

19. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    edited .........

20. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?fid=3&tid=5223&old_block=0&block=0

In short, a summary is present on this page:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/PayPalPhoneNumbers.shtml

You should also know that PayPal's hiding of it's phone number and deleting customer's emails was one of the principle issues why they agreed to pay $9.1million dollars to settle the class auction lawsuit brought on EFTA (Electronic Funds Transfer Act) violations.

I have a merchant account which I use on sites where it's best suited. My target audience for most of my sites however, prefer to pay via Paypal for the following reasons:

• They don't have Credit Cards
    • They aren't allowed to use parents Credit Cards due to fraud risk
    • They prefer to use Paypal because it's portrayed as being far safer than Credit Cards on the net
    • They're allowed to use parents Paypal because they feel it's alot safer to use compared to Credit Cards
    • They prefer Paypal because it's easier and faster than using Credit Cards

According to Paypal.com, they have 86.6 million accounts. Where did you get the 99% approval rating from? Paypal? The same company which which brags:

The PayPal Customer Service team is specially trained to address all account inquiries. Send us an email and we'll reply promptly.

Yet they were ordered to pay $9.1 million because, partly because they were deleting customer emails? I personally don't trust those facts. They're not brilliant, an 'approval' of a service isn't anything to brag about if you ask me.

Blitz, Dec 6, 2005 IP