1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal set up

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by shadow213, Apr 18, 2006.

I don't know if this is the right place I am posting to...
    but I wanted to know how is the system set up...if I want to sell an ebook on my website..
    I describe any product that I have made say an ebook and there is a paypal button...and the user clicks on it...and goes to the payment page where my name and details etc are there for the payment...

the user makes the payment and the ebook is emailed to the concerned user...

I don't know what this thing is called an autoresponder or what...

any help on this would be greatly appriciated..

thanks

shadow213, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. ideas_man

ideas_man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on how you set up your payment buttons, after making the payment to you, the customer should be directed back to your website.However, this return URL is visible in your html source code (unless you encrypt it) which means that people can get at it.Needless to say you wouldn't want to simply put a download link on this return URL.

The safest way to secure downloads with PayPal is to use IPN (Instant Payment Notification) in conjunction with a product download area. After the customer makes their payment, PayPal sends the information from the transaction to a script on your server which you can interpret and use to manage access to your downloadable products.

There is documentation about IPN on PayPal's website include code samples to help you get started. If you are completely stuck, there are services that allow people to upload digital products for sale and they take care of everything for you. Google about a bit to find them....(payloadz.com for starters)

Hope this helped a little :)

ideas_man, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also PayPal has a sandbox mode you can play with while testing your code so that you don't have to process actual orders. Which == Cool :)

GeorgeB., Apr 18, 2006 IP
  4. dotbeyond.com

dotbeyond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i am so rich with my sandbox..

dotbeyond.com, Apr 27, 2006 IP