1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal says you CAN use Indian debit cards

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by yahue, Jan 3, 2007.

1. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    y's that so:(, if you dont mind me explaining, because i dont have much idea about the same..
    Thanx

seoindiaweb, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  2. procrastinator

procrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    it didnt work with my DC , wonder why not :S

procrastinator, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal did not accept my ICICI debit card and sso I had to add my Citi bank credit card to verify

*Mayank*, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  4. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    so we conclude that netsafe program from hdfc is working & SBI MC is working for some....or what...

sat123, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  5. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my ATM card has no security number behind it ? :confused:
    what do I do ?

vic_msn, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:

You cannot use an ATM card to verify your Paypal account. You need an international credit or debit card for it.

eddy2099, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  7. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I will sum it for all you people out over there.

ATM and Debit cards issued by Indian banks cannot be used for verifying paypal. (It doesn't matters whether they have a CVV2 code or not)
    Only CC's issued by banks are useful.

I have been selling VCC's for a while now and can clearly state from my experience that it is ok to get verified by a VCC.
    (The worst that can happen to your paypal account is that it will refuse the VCC)
    That's it.

Under no circumstances will your funds get frozen or will you ever be denied in future if you placed your "plastic" Credit Card in there.

I hope this clears the confusion about VCC's and Indian Debit cards.

Regards
    Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 18, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    You verified with Paypal explicitly that VCC can be used for verification ?

eddy2099, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  9. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    I didn't get you.
    If you could rephrase the question I could be answer that.

Thanks
    Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  10. yahue

yahue Peon

Best Answers:
    What I think he's asking is: Did you specifically ask Paypal if it's OK to use a VCC, and did they reply with a "yes".

By the way, can Paypal (or other merchants) tell if the CC number you give to them is for a virtual or a normal credit card?

yahue, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  11. rufh_s

rufh_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    great post....thnxs 4 sharing the information!!... can i use ma dad's cc to verify the account....do they chrge nythin for veryfyin or (ny oher charges)??

rufh_s, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  12. yahue

yahue Peon

Best Answers:
    Where are you selling cards? Would you like to start up a thread like http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=193945 where people can give feedback on their experience?

Secondly, does Paypal keep the card number on record that you used to verify, and later, if something weird happens, could they then manually check whether that was a VCC or normal card? I'm not saying that would happen in the normal case, but people have a lot of bad experiences with Paypal, so that's why they double-check everything.

yahue, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your dad have the same name as you ? The purpose of verifying the account is so that they know who you say you are, using someone else's identity even if it is your dad would be going against that and can amount to identity theft.

eddy2099, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  14. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am asking if you asked Paypal directly if you can use a VCC to verify your account and did they give you a definite answer that you can use it.

I do not care about your experience if Paypal does not give you the green light to do so or else they will sooner or later find out about it and stop your VCC.

How did you obtain the VCC which you are offering ? Did you apply through VISA or Mastercard to sell the VCC ?

eddy2099, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  15. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    Here is the thread where I have been selling cards.
    Please have a look.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=242661

As far as my knowlege goes, to verify a card that has been used on the paypal site for verification, paypal authorities need help from VISA or Mastercard authorities or any other authority whose card has been used to verify PP account.There is no way by which they(PP) can conclude things by themselves as they do not provide any sort of cards.So if VISA or Mastercard themselves provide a go ahead signal to paypal there is no way PP can block these cards.Also VISA or Mastercard do not in any case provide a "red" signal for their own cards until and unless it has been stolen or things like that.

Also in respect to VCC's they expire in 3 months but you always have the option of adding plastic CC's thereafter (even if you don't add a CC after 3 months, your sending limits will not decrease, it will remain the same)

Thanks for rephrasing your question.

Firstly I am selling valid VISA cards (they have not been stolen or hacked) which are provided to me through an overseas bank which has all neccessary approvals from the VISA authorities.Also they can sell these cards through resellers amongst whom I happen to be.

Basically I am a reseller of these PP cards.

Now trying to answer your second question.
    As stated above PP authorities have to keep up with VISA authorities to know a status of a card. A card itself issued by VISA therefore cannot be denied by paypal as that would mean that VISA has refused it's own card.
    (Such a scene will create utter chaos in US and UK)

Also wanted to point out that except for US and UK there is no way by which a CC can be used to validate a person's address, so paypal authorities do not conclude your address from a CC.

Also for the betterment of the masses I will ask the paypal authorities for the same.

Regards
    Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  16. naseer1132

naseer1132 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I have an Axis Bank Master debit card, but I could not get varified my Paypal account. Any information will be appreciated.

Regards

naseer1132, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  17. HighPRDomains@cheaprates

HighPRDomains@cheaprates Banned

Best Answers:
    i tried to add my VISA Debit card !! but i cant!!