1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Paypal Problems

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ryan_uk, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's still the same... I don't have permission. I had the seller cancel my bid for the auction I paid for using Instant Pay and was recognised before the site move, but not recognised after the move to XF. This stopped it showing notification on the marketplace link, but:

It still shows the same on the payment history page, but now when I click this one it comes up with invalid ID (7U865753LY027683T), although that does still exist in PayPal.

Also, for the marketplace part of my profile it doesn't show the other transaction (the one that does show as paid) in the Transaction History table.

But it does mention:

$37.00 being what I paid for the transaction that is recognised as being paid.

ryan_uk, Mar 15, 2013 IP
    Did some digging on what's going on with your account...

One transaction on file is for: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...600-monthly-searches-high-cpc-only-5.2471214/

Even though the bid was canceled, you made a payment and the system still sees it as you as doing a transaction with someone (since it knows about the actual transaction regardless if what you were paying for isn't due or not any longer).

I think what may have made that one be weird is that PayPal notified us that it was a Pending transaction (happens for some things like when you are paying by eCheck or something), then they notify when the payment is actually completed. We never got the completed notification, so it's in a weird forever "Pending" state. This could have been caused by some issue with the seller's PayPal account (like if they turned off notifications sometime shortly after the pending notification... also something the new system solves because we are not longer reliant on the seller's account for notifications).

The other transaction is this: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ve-little-traffic-and-little-earning.2457882/

The reason it didn't show up in your transaction history is for whatever reason the owner untagged it for allowing instant pay after payment was made. I made a change to take that into account, and it should reflect now there so it will count if it allows instant pay OR if it was already paid.

Did I miss anything?

digitalpoint, Mar 15, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Shawn. I see that one bid now shows in the transaction history table on the profile marketplace tab. It still shows "ryan_uk has been involved in 2 transactions with 2 different users.", but that's less weird than the previous situation.

Thanks again.

ryan_uk, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well like I said.. the other one is because it's in a weird state of a pending transaction... it knows a transaction happened, but it doesn't know either way if it completed or not, so it's not counting it for or against you on the transaction history. So it knows you were *involved* in a transaction (hence why it can show that)... just not if it was completed or not.

5. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    So, does the transaction get queried against both accounts?

And that is why the "you do not have permission message"? As both sellers removed PayPal email from DP?

ryan_uk, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No... for the transaction queries, it only needs your PayPal account. And I honestly don't know why that wouldn't work assuming it's linked... but the error itself is the response we get from PayPal when using their API to retrieve it for you.

Do other parts work (like can you see your PayPal balance in the upper right of pages)?

7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah.. I realized those ones aren't going to work, because regardless of the txn you pass, it will look it up from the thread. But the DP ones *should* work... you might need to give PayPal a call and see if there's some weirdness going on with your account... I've tested it with my account, and it seems fine, and I've had others check their transactions on their account and they work fine too.

9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, my account works fine and elsewhere, so I think I can live with not having permission here. Thanks again for getting the other thing sorted.

ryan_uk, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Apr 30, 2013 IP