1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal personal payment - suspicious activity URGENT!!!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by ILogin, Mar 6, 2010.

I did some webpage for my client and he sent the payment as a personal payment instead of sending it for "services".

Now paypal has imposed a restriction on my account and is asking questions like
    Provide a full description of what the payment was for
    Provide tracking information if you shipped the merchandise

etc.

What should i write to them. If i write that these were for a service then again there might be a conflict as its a personal payment. Not sure if they are going to ask about the previous payments as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    ILogin, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  2. samser_m

samser_m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had once similar situation, buyer paid by cc, paypal wanted to know more details. Luckily I showed the project which won from a freelancing site. Buyer was nice so we both managed to escape from their trap :D

samser_m, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  3. ILogin

ILogin Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm....but the problem is that i received this payment to my personal account not my premier account. And also because the buyer transferred as a "personal payment" so they might think that this was done to avoid the commission they charge that is associated with "goods or services"

ILogin, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  4. sweatlana

sweatlana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I am also suffering with this situation now these days.Paypal has limited my account due verify some personal payments which I have made few days ago. Now they are asking me same questions as like you. So friends I request to you please help us to come out from this situation.

sweatlana, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  5. kollam003

kollam003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can ask refund the money to the client and ask him to reissue the payment as service payment. You might lose some bucks as fees I think.

kollam003, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  6. Emm Achi

Emm Achi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a similar problem with my personal account. I received some family support via friends and family from two different people. Now paypal is asking me to Provide a full description of what the payment was for. What else should i tell them as the payment wasn't for any business or services rendered. Due to this my account has been limited. Please advice.

Emm Achi, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The truth, the regulators at Paypal are used to people lying to them and bending and twisting the facts. They do appreciate honesty but are trained to spot deception. Also be sure to say that you are sorry for what happened, but that it was not your fault.
    If you try to alter the facts to make it sound better, you will eventually slip up and mess it all up.....don't do it.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 20, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.