1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Payment Button on Sales Page

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by dcristo, May 23, 2006.

Does anyone know if it's against clickbank merchant policy to offer a Paypal payment link on the sales page?

In a niche I am doing some research in, a number of merchants are offering the visitor the opportunity to purchase through them via Paypal (outside the clickbank checkout) so essentially the affiliate loses out on their deserving commissions.

It's bloody ridiculous.
    SEMrush

dcristo, May 23, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    seeing clickbank accepts payments with paypal, they may have chucked something in there tos...

Helmethead3, May 24, 2006 IP
  3. AndrewJ

AndrewJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Some merchants are ripping off affiliates, while others are using scripts that show their paypal link only when there is no CB hop ID in the url. This means affiliates will still get paid.

CB doesn't seem to care that many sneaky merchants are ripping off affiliates.

Andrew

AndrewJ, May 26, 2006 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    AndrewJ - you are absolutely right. I contacted clickbank regarding this, and they said it's within their policy to allow merchants to rip of affiliates... well not in those exact words :)

dcristo, May 26, 2006 IP
  5. AndrewJ

AndrewJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's crazy isn't it. Choose your CB merchants carefully.

Andrew

AndrewJ, May 26, 2006 IP
  6. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    On reading this I checked some affiliate programs I was running and found that the PayPal links on the CB purchase page directs payments to CB's PayPal. Does anyone know if CB tracks these payments effectively?

Art, May 29, 2006 IP