1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Payment 7th, 8th, 9th April | A phone call to Paypal Customer Service....

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by thatsfine, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think as the email says u will get back the diffrence too

Bohra, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. thatsfine

thatsfine Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Today is Tuesday and the status of the withdrawal made on 8th april is still pending. Seeing the situation i spoke to paypal again. They are only apologizing and expressing their helplessness. according to they hope to solve the issue soon but i think this money is not safe with paypal. I talked to the PP executive but she was not ready to either cancle the withdrawal or tell me when the transaction would be complete, So, I spoke to the higher authority who also expressed his helplessness and did not give any time frame to solve the issue. i think, now instead of requesting paypal to solve the issue we will have to depend upon GOD. GOD help all of us!!
    I have uploaded my today's conversation with paypal at: http://bestwebdesigners.org/pp-final.mp3

thatsfine, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yup! Today, i got email from paypal and the 7th withdrawal which was on pending status.

olddocks, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. timir

timir Peon

Best Answers:
    I just received an email about the withdrawal being reversed back to my paypal account:

"Dear xxxxxxx,

Due to a technical issue we were experiencing between April 6 and 9, the withdrawal you initiated to your Indian bank account was not completed.

This issue has been resolved and we are in the process of restoring your PayPal account balance. In addition, you will see a reimbursement during the coming days for any applicable fees. After this has been completed, you may request another withdrawal to your bank account at your convenience.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,
    PayPal "

Does this mean that I shall be able to initiate a withdrawal only once the fees are reimbursed to my account ?

timir, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My 7th April withdrawal got reversed today. You can read more details here.

thatsfine , I have gone thro' your conversation with paypal. I think it is NOT the correct way to deal this issue with the Support Team of the PayPal.

Currently, I am not seeing any best alternate for PayPal. We can see lot of fraud people in payment dealings. And, some of them are expensive also. Can you recommend anything as alternate for PayPal? (In this case why you are still using PayPal?)
    As of now PayPal is not having any major complaints related to fraud. And their fees are reasonable. That's why we are using PayPal, Right?

So, don't mess-up the things further.

At-least paypal is trying to hear our voice and trying to solve all the issues in hard times.

Will you be able to do the same type of conversation with RBI people and dare to put the mp3 file here? (even you can ask RBI about why they are not able to provide a reasonable payment gateway for Indians while we need to depend on PayPal)

rajamanickam.a, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  6. thatsfine

thatsfine Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If required we are ready to talk to RBI. Considering terrorism activities by money laundering RBI had asked paypal to fulfill certain conditions around a year ago. RBI wants to keep an eye on all the financial transactions to India. I dont think RBI is wrong. Don't YOU LOVE YOUR COUNTRY?

We are clients of PAYPAL and pay a number of dollars to them daily. When we withdraw to our bank account they take hidden charges during currency conversion. Suppose you withdraw $225, you actually get only $217, conversion charges extra.

Paypal accepts that there is a very big market in INDIA and it is not ready to leave its Indian clients under any condition. Not only we depend on paypal, paypal also depends on us. So, do not favour paypal unnecessarily.

Thanks and Regards

7. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i lost over $100 because of the reversal done by paypal.

olddocks, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  8. timir

timir Peon

Best Answers:
    We all are aware of the currency conversion discrepancy, but we also need to realize that Paypal as a company may also be needing infrastructure cost etc for running its operations. Paypal should charge a fix transaction fees and stop the currency conversion discrepancy. RBI should re-work their forex policies too considering the paradigm shift that is ongoing with e-payments.

Atleast the telephone representative had the patience to listen to you , despite the fact that the tele-conversation in the later stages had begun sounding like a broken record. Would the RBI or your local bank officials have the patience/courtesy to listen to you issue in the same polite manner as the Paypal rep did ?

no offence to @thatsfine, but I would only say that its our misfortune that we are caught up between Paypal & RBI compliance conflict.

timir, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  9. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    mine 9th april still pending.
    customer care response always same.
    nothing new.

bhavin12300, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  10. thatsfine

thatsfine Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I have got the money reversed but got some money stuck in the currency conversion charges.

@- timir :- I have no grudge against PayPal or RBI. I love my India and PayPal should follow the rules of RBI so that they can continue the business with Indians without any kind of disturbance. If PayPal follows the rules of RBI then the Indian clients of PayPal will definitely get benefit.

Thanks and Regards

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  11. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    you asked them to reverse money?

12. timir

timir Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case I did not request them to reverse the money, they did it today at noon.

timir, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  13. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    what was your withdrawal date?

14. timir

timir Peon

Best Answers:
    8th april, 2010

timir, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  15. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    mine is 9th april.
    let see what happen tomorrow.

16. skzubair

skzubair Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I placed withdrawl request on 8th April, usually it takes 3-4 days to reach my bank but still it was showing status as PENDING. Since morning I had been following this thread to get update from other guys like me and just now i got this email from paypal

========================================
    Dear X,

Due to a technical issue we were experiencing between April 6 and 9, the withdrawal you initiated to your Indian bank account was not completed.

This issue has been resolved and we are in the process of restoring your PayPal account balance. In addition, you will see a reimbursement during the coming days for any applicable fees. After this has been completed, you may request another withdrawal to your bank account at your convenience.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,
    PayPal
    ========================================

I got payment back in my account but i guess paypal deducted some fee :(

skzubair, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  17. myveed

myveed Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my $2000 withdrawal reversed.. but i got only $1869, lost $131
    emailed paypal asking for refunding that.

myveed, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  18. bhavin12300

bhavin12300 Peon

Best Answers:
    same here, i got my money back but lost some bucks.
    hope they pay tomorrow

let us know if any one has new on this.

19. myveed

myveed Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Bhavin,

here is the reply from Paypal...they had improved the time to respond to help requests,
    i got this within two hours... thats great they will return the currency difference money within 3 days max.

myveed, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  20. rathin

rathin Peon

Best Answers:
    guy can u suggest me that can i withdraw today? now no issue in paypal na?

rathin, Apr 20, 2010 IP