1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PAYPAL NEGATIVE BALANCE! Urgent help

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by JxUUL, Apr 3, 2013.

Hello everyone,

I live in the Netherlands and am having very big problems with Paypal and I hoped someone here could maybe help me out. I understand that things are not looking too great for me at this moment so I would just like suggestion or maybe solutions.

I am very worried, since I have a big negative balance (not sure how much, because it is still ongoing) but I believe we are talking about around 2000 euros.

My real name and address were linked to that account. They have also blocked my account so I cannot change anything. I have tried adding addresses and changing my name ( which I understand will make me look suspicious) but that was because I panicked. My phone number is faulty though.

I believe I was hacked by one of my best friend that lives in the same neighbourhood as me. I hope you guys don't judge me, and believe that I am truthfull but this is my situation:

A lot of products were shipped and sent to MY REAL ADDRESS, and payed from my bank account. ( I was not aware of this)
    I called the bank and told them these weren't my transactions and the bank has blocked Paypal and has charged backed all the transactions.
    I have received some of the items, ( I did not know what they were) but my friend who has very strict parents said they were her parcels that she shipped to my address.
    That left me with a huge negative balance.
    It is a friend I have known from birth and she often lends my laptop and I think she might know my password. So that means the items were most probably also bought on my IP address.

I am just so upset I could cry. I know I am totally framed, but I honestly did not make those payments.

I read on some threads that Paypal can't do anything.. and I should just leave it be, (they will just call and threat and send letters). Since I did not order these products and I can't afford it I am not planning on paying the debt (I do not have that kind of money).

I am just incredibly scared and I have not had contact with Paypal since I do not think anyone will believe me.
    Do they send collection agencies over? What can I do?

Please help me, that would mean the world.

Thank you very much
    JxUUL, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  2. Fast_Exchanges

Fast_Exchanges Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you have negative balance, there might be some open "Disputes" against you.
    You can find them on paypal's main page on the right side.
    Open them, there might be more infos about what happened.

Afterall, since you REALLY didnt order them, all you have to do is calling paypal and telling them to fix ur issue and that you're gonna send back all the recieved items. If possible, explain them the situation with ur friend too, they might believe you (They actually have to).

I dont know if i helped a lot, but that's all i can suggest you.
    Fast_Exchanges, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  3. JxUUL

JxUUL Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for your time and your answer.

The problem is, I do not own any of those items, or else I'd gladly gladly return them!
    JxUUL, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  4. Fast_Exchanges

Fast_Exchanges Peon

Best Answers:
    Second.... if they ordered it from your account. they must have come to your house... if they are gone to any other address, you can easily say that it wasnt you.
    Fast_Exchanges, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  5. Magina™

Magina™ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder, how that happened if you are the buyer then their would be no negative balance in your account and disputes. Sound fishy here..
    Magina™, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  6. substance

substance Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it must be because you lose some of the chargebacks as the products were delivered mostly and the seller was able to prove that they shipped it to the real address.

What you should do is question "the girl" and also maybe ask her to pay the amounts.
    substance, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just Call the PayPal Support Team and told them the problem you are facing. They will definitely help you, I believe.
    iwebsocial, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Negative balance can only be in the case where is any dispute..
    MikeQ, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  9. AJB Team

AJB Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just give them a call and explain everything right away. e-Mails and dispute details submissions wont help. Give them a call via Skype if you are outside US so that you dont waste a lot money by waiting or 15 minutes or so for someone to answer you on ISD calls.
    AJB Team, Apr 13, 2013 IP
    ugod likes this.
  10. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    check ur paypal and find all the transactions
    track and and cancel them and refund them all.. contact the company from which items were bought and return all the items and they will refund the money which will make ur balance 0
    so it will all be fine
    ikidoxio, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  11. nickardo

nickardo Member

Best Answers:
    If you truly believe that person did this to you, you should start legal actions immediately. Acting on legal terms is good for the innocent position you want to take in this manner. As you are Dutch I advise you to go to a website I know (I am also Dutch) called ''Wat is uw recht'' if you'd put .nl behind that phrase you'll reach an online free law question entity. Tell them your problem too, they will know which legal actions you can take.
    nickardo, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  12. erinfloster

erinfloster Peon

Best Answers:
    I had something similar happen to me, my sister sold something for 2k and the buyer charged it off and she did not have the 2k now she is negative she got emails and phone call for a few weeks then it stopped,
    In my case i just had a recent charge off and now i am negative 400$ and they are calling me threatening legal action and saying they are gonna notify law enforcement (did not know they could even do that) can they?
    Call paypal and hope for the best is your best bet.
    erinfloster, Apr 21, 2013 IP