1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal limited my account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by bukan, Mar 28, 2007.

Hello, PayPal has limited my account and now I am not able to send or receive any payments.

PayPal have requested several documents to be faxed in order for it to be verified. I am puzzled as to why this has happened, I added a debit card number to the account for Expanded Use so I am not sure why this extra verification is now requested. Anyway I am in the process of faxing it to them so I would like to know if anyone has experienced this before? And how long will it take before PayPal gives me back my full access?

Thanks.

bukan, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. Kulwinder

Kulwinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its really sad, I have not experienced this but as far as Ive seen threads like these on DP. I guess it will take 1 week just for paypal to reply to you, so well assume it a 2-3 weeks time.

Good luck Buddy,
    Regards,
    Kulwinder.

Kulwinder, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it could be possible that they are just doing random checks to ensure that all members are who they claim to be. It is for your protection as they do not want people who have no rights to your account to use it.

It is that or they found some unusual transactions or dealings with people who may have had issues before. It is also possible that through their scan, the IP address that you use does not match the country you sign up as being from.

No worries. If you have not done anything wrong, just comply and you will have full access to your account in no time. If you however did something wrong like use a VCC, sign up by pretending to be from another country or being the age of 18 then worry.

eddy2099, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  4. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to worry as Paypal verifies all account for security purposes. Paypal are strict on AML (Anti Money Laundring)? errr.. do I spell incorrectly?

sysop, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is 'Money Laundering' but yeah, we know what you mean :)

eddy2099, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  6. adgerc

adgerc Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal has limited my acount access too.

The reason is:

We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.

Even I dont know what do they mean by that! I got this msg after a customer purchased an item I sold at eBay.

And my question is, since I cannot close my account due to the access been limited, can I just leave it like that until Paypal close it and open a new account?

adgerc, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Paypal will not close it but may keep it dormant so you cannot open a similiar account with them.

What was the item that you sold and was the party a verified paypal customer ?

Well, if you have proof of delivery then just submit that to Paypal for inspection via fax.

eddy2099, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  8. adgerc

adgerc Peon

Best Answers:
    it was a radar detector and yes the customer is a verified member.

they want other documents as well such as my supplier's information and bla bla.

adgerc, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then send them those details.

Because you are aware that Paypal although permits the sale of Radar Detectors, they will need to be FCC Certified.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=electronics

Resolve the issue with Paypal and do not just open new accounts like that. You are also not permitted to use a new name to sign up with paypal because you can only open an account in your name.

eddy2099, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  10. adgerc

adgerc Peon

Best Answers:
    um. ok.. thanks

adgerc, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  11. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    Please refer to Paypal TOC first.

sysop, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  12. titan_lyy

titan_lyy Peon

Best Answers:
    honestly i think paypal's getting sucky

titan_lyy, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  13. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it happens if you spend over a certain amount and are not verified when you reach that limit.

They want users to be verified to ensure its users dont get scammed and to avoid fraud etc via their service.

n-james, Mar 29, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  14. phatback

phatback Guest

Best Answers:
    when paypal limits your accoutn getting it back is a really hard task i suggest calling them and sitting on hold (thats what i did) instead of dealign with them by email so you can tell if they hang up on you ;) cheers

phatback, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  15. bukan

bukan Banned

Best Answers:
    Now PayPal is requesting for additional info. This is getting ridiculous.

We're sorry, but your account access limitation cannot be lifted at this
    time. We need more information about your account before we can restore
    full access to your account. Please complete the steps below so that we may
    review your account further

I have sent them, but what will stop them from asking MORE info about it? I do not know what else is there to convince them that my transactions are valid, as I deal only in emails.

bukan, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  16. Subfusion

Subfusion Member

Best Answers:
    The same thing happened to me a couple of days back, they asked me for my ID and a utility bill. I know this happens when you receive a certain amount of cash in a short period of time, in the case of Spain if you receive more than 6500 Euros on a personal account in less than 90 days you're forced to upgrade to a Business Package.

They also do this to make sure that your not using any sort of medium in order to skip taxes or anything that is illegal.

Subfusion, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  17. mopacity

mopacity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, i am now experiencing similar problems and i faxed them my details.

Than today they replied and asked me to faxed my invoices and suppliers numbers....i was quite annoyed coz i dont/never sell anything will paypal or eBay.

So i decided to call their customer service and had to wait for about 10 minutes before i talked to a human!.

Anywayz, i told them i dont have any such invoice or supplier but they told me that they have reviewed my account and saw a high level of transactions with people replying "payment received" etc.

Than i told them that i am a designer and indeed do trading and such, i do sell links and wordpress themes, etc but of course such transactions meant i dont have an invoice or supplier to mention..so the people at customer service told me to email appeal at paypal dot com with my case number and tell them my situation and try to explain to them....they say it's common if one is a freelancer and does online business.

So i just emailed them and came right here to see if anyone had a similar problem...i will be waiting for my reply from Paypal and i'll update u guys when i received my reply.

cheers.

**p.s/ be careful what u write in yr paypal description when your paying someone..they (paypal) actually read yr description. :p

mopacity, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  18. Dima_2005

Dima_2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ye, paypal guys are really jerks :(
    I can only get a limited account without Credit Card... I don't have a credit-card!!! I connected my PP-account to a bank, but that's not good enough for them, they always need some CC

Dima_2005, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  19. bukan

bukan Banned

Best Answers:
    Just want to inform all that PayPal has restored my account. The nightmare is over! :D

bukan, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  20. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    verifying your account through credit is just one step there more steps like you have to verify your physical address.

gio, Apr 7, 2007 IP