1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Limited Account : No Refund Possible from a Limited Account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by AlterEgo, Jun 23, 2011.

Hello,

I am totally new to Paypal and opened an account just to buy some used stuff on Ebay. I opened an account on Paypal from a non-listed/non-approved country by means of a VCC (Virtual Credit Card). I dont know from where the VCC is obtained, i just got all the necessary card number and details on email from a individual seller, who sold it to me on nominal amount for Paypal verification.

I used my actual (non-listed) home address for getting the VCC and then for Paypal I used an approved country only, and the detailed address fields were filled with the same home address (actual one) which I used for VCC. I assumed that Paypal might confirm and match the address provided on Paypal and the VCC.

After 2 days of account creation, I needed to upload some funds to Paypal account to do some shopping online. I contacted the same seller of VCC, and upon amount transfer to his (bank) account, he sent me money on the Paypal which I accepted. The amount was around 120USD.

The next morning I see that my Paypal account is limited without any apparent reasons. I have not done any buying selling from the Paypal till now, however now I need to provide the following information for the account to be unblocked.

1. Confirm credit card (they will charge amount and I have to enter amount). It is not accepting the same VCC, as it is already added for initial account signup. It needs a new credit card to be added. Can I add my actual credit card of a non-listed country to get this verified ?

2. Proof of address (any utility bill copy, name and address)
    I have the Utility Bill copy with my name on it, of the same address which is used on Paypal. Only difference would be country (my actual country v/s the country used for Paypal signup). I chose another approved country during the initial signup of the Paypal account, to be able to use VCC. How can I use the current bill to get the address verified ?

3. Provide Invoice (i have not done any shopping). It probably means the invoice for which I have delivered any product/service against which I have received money in my account. The reality is I have received money in my account for an exchange transfer. I transferred the money to the Paypal dealer bank account, and after deducthing his commission/fees, he transferred the remaining balance to my Paypal account. This is done because I have no other method of funding the Paypal account from my country. So how can I provide any invoices ?

4. Proof of Delivery ( i have not received and done any deliveries). Which means any delivery confirmation from the buyer for my services, against which any payments are made to my Paypal account. Again this is not the case with me so how I can produce any delivery documents.

5. More information (about the payments sent and received). Which shows me multiple boxes where I have to fill in about the nature of the money received, the reasons, the services, and any email correspondence with the buyer. I dont have any such details, I only had all the understanding with the Paypal dealer on SMS/Phone.

I tried doing a refund of the amount, so I can receive my money back. Even though the balance is showing in the Paypal account, it is saying that I cannot do any refunds now till the time account is limited, and I need to add new payment method to Paypal to be able to do any refunds.

So in such situation, with questions of infinite stupidity (not all transaction on Paypal would fit in a typical scenario of buyer/seller agreements, people can send money on personal relationships as well ), how can I gain access to my account, or less likely how can I post a refund from my account to get back to money.

I would really appreciate all the help and answer to my dilemma.

Thanks and Regards.

AlterEgo, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  2. 69Firebird

69Firebird Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately as you violated Paypal TOS by signing up from an unauthorized country, there is really nothing you can do but wait until the account is closed.

You will not be able to recover your funds for at least 180 days. At that time, Paypal will allow you to do a transfer from Paypal to your bank account.

69Firebird, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  3. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello
    1.Confirm credit card
    2. Proof of address

You have to That only then call Paypal CS.They will restore your account.

Thank you.

sufia, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    You violated their rules , you cannot do anything but keeping quite

unknownpray, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  5. MonetizingMatt

MonetizingMatt Peon

Best Answers:
    As stated above Paypal doesn't support the use of a VCC or VBA (Virtual Bank Account) as a verification method. These may work for a few days but always end in your account being limited and asked for information you cant provide to authenticate it.
    Which country do you reside in? There are other options around country availablity.

MonetizingMatt, Aug 6, 2016 IP