1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal issues

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by marka01, Oct 31, 2019.

Hello. I wanted to confirm if anyone had bad experiences with PayPal recently as I am. Basically it's second time in a couple of months that this happened to me. Someone bought an item on ebay for 700$ paying via paypal. After 2-3 months a case comes in to paypal (because obviously a case on ebay cannot be even opened after 2-3 months) and buyer is saying item is "not as described" or "broken". Paypal decides to put your balance to negative -700$ while case is being reviewed and decision made.
    And so the decision was made that buyer is returning an item without any explanation from PayPal why did they come to such a conclusion. I get item back which I see was in a fully working condition like I sold it and apparently was not even unpacked! How do I deal in such situations? I am at a point where I no longer want to use paypal or ebay for these kind of poor decisions and no accountability from PayPal whatsoever.

marka01, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    At least you're getting the items back, that's an improvement.

The scam normally is to do a chargeback and keep the item. It's a cost of doing business - the online equivalent of shoplifting. You can protect yourself but you can't get rid of it altogether. Build some fat into your prices to cover the cost like every other retailer.

sarahk, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal has become difficult to work with lately from what I'm hearing.

Haven't had any problems with them myself but I avoid using them for receipts as much as I can.

JoeSpirit, Nov 1, 2019 IP