1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal IPN Issue

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Apr 7, 2015.

Recently, for no known reason, my PayPal IPN has suddenly stopped working.

I confirmed that the primary e-mail address is the same in my the IPN files as it is on my PayPal account. I ran a few live test transactions and they went through to PayPal properly (meaning that my account was credited for the transaction) and PayPal's IPN reported that it had sent a message back to my server (but I can't find any trace of that communication on my server) and there was no entry made into my site's transaction log, and the items were never added to the accounts of those who paid.

PayPal's IPN page says -
    Latest delivery attempt date/time: 4/7/2015 15:32 EDT
    Notification URL: mysite/ipn/notifyAddSC.php
    HTTP response code: 200

On my server's end, the domain's logs don't show any interaction with that file (should they?), and, as I mentioned above, the process was never completed -- there was no entry in the site's transaction log and the user accounts were not credited as they should have been.

I know my issue is vague but, if you could provide any information that might help me track down what's causing this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. :) Thank you!

PhiladelphiaIM, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  2. Blesta.Store

Blesta.Store Active Member

Best Answers:
    On PayPal IPN page have you ticked the box?

Notification URL    http://callbackurl.com
    Message delivery    Enabled
    Code (markup):
    If you haven't on the page go to IPN Messages and tick Receive IPN messages bullet point.

Blesta.Store, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  3. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was able to resolve the problem. Apparently, this error was hindering the process:

cURL error: [60] SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Code (markup):
    I repaired it and everything is working normally again. :)

PhiladelphiaIM, Apr 21, 2015 IP