1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal India and taxes

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by KaBoom!!!, Oct 16, 2009.

Hello all

I have around 10k$ in my paypal account and I want to withdraw it. It is equivalent to approx Rs. 4.8 lack. If I withdraw it, will I have to pay taxes to GoI? Can there be any investigation behind so much money? I use PayPal India account and a SBI bank account.

Thanks

KaBoom!!!, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  2. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i think there will be usual investigation by the bank, in that case try to withdraw your money in small break ups, i mean like $2k each every week, to make things look usual. Just an opinion, other members may help you further as well.:)

Oranges, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  3. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it.... 10k$ is not a big money :) Banks don't care even if it's 50k$..

extraspecial, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Obviously you need to pay tax on amount greater then (1.90 lacks + 1 lack) (Exemption in ppf+nsc etc. investments). I think you need to contact your CA for further info.

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  5. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    DON,

I think limit is 1.6K for male. It is 1.9K for females.

Thanks,

saurabhj, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  6. KaBoom!!!

KaBoom!!! Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever the limit is. The main question is that can I be under suspect of GoI for some illegal work and black money?

PS: The money is whitehat and not from just 1 source. Some is from CPA, some from selling ebooks etc.

KaBoom!!!, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  7. radhika.writer

radhika.writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you won't be able to withdraw such a big amount at one go, you have to break up the amount in small proportions. Secondly bank won't inquire about this money because they are happy to get more and more money. But yest you have to pay tax to GOI under income tax regulation act and till the time you are paying tax gov won't bother from where you getting this money but if you won't pay them tax then they might start bothering you.

radhika.writer, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  8. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Oops. Thanks for the correction. Yes its 1.60 lakhs for males and 1.90 lakhs for females.

As you are withdrawing money to your indian bank account, government (IT department) easily track on that so better for you to pay tax on amount after exemption.

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  9. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If ur account is verified and u have few genuine transactions then its not at all a worry..
    but if u dont and it is ur 1st transaction , den be ppd wid all the legal documents..!!

prashantban, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  10. WoRLDLiFE

WoRLDLiFE Peon

Best Answers:
    better pay tax for sucha big amount . :) btw for india 2500$ is the yearly limit for preventing money laundering.

WoRLDLiFE, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  11. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to withdraw now, you can. But you should have a business account. otherwise, monthly limit is just $2.5k. More over, it is always advisable to file your income through a chartered accountant at the year end (say, march). At that time, you should show your income and also file your papers for tax. You need PAN for this thing. For futher details contact any auditor. he will help you a lot. But you have to pay him. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
    kittyluver, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  12. SkyisLimit

SkyisLimit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People..Dont worry about the money, its safe in the hands of Paypal...

But Kaboom is putting a puzzle before us. I have some doubts...

1. How he earned such money... paypal asks in case, don't they?

2. How he left such money without withdraw, Does not he just imagine If paypal limits his account? at the same time paypal pays no interest

3. So, he earned this money in a single/double transaction. that means, he laundering the money.

4. see his rank,on DP he is just since a couple of months history, no long term track record of online .

5. Its not surely white but BLACKhat.

6. A KIND OF HAWALA.

finally dude. in india ,you need a PAN of income tax for the transaction with a bank about 50000Rs. that means no one escape form the IT,

you can do a thing

send the money in limits of 49500Rs. into your reliable persons accounts. they pick-up.

everyone happy.

p.s. may i help... you. ;-)

SkyisLimit, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  13. labaik88

labaik88 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont know why some people Give reply if they dont really know the real answer. Mr Kaboom you can withdraw full money , and Paypal does EFT so no worries no one will ask you anything as long as paypal has no problem with the transactions.... incase wait more 2-3 days for paypal to verify the funds if there is no problem and money is there in your paypal acount . you can withdraw full 10k or 20k no problem if paypal allows to . as may be you are premier account so i think 2.5$ is limit each month. so it would take 4 months to clear. But for real you are safe to withdraw.

labaik88, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  14. WoRLDLiFE

WoRLDLiFE Peon

Best Answers:
    labaik88 , lol u think $ 2.5k is the monthly limit for paypal verified users ? the answer is no , it wont renew your limit over the next months . its your total limit of a paypal verified users for personal account. ( i m speakin' for paypal india) .

WoRLDLiFE, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  15. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess there will be some sort of investigation for sure as paypal or bank will ask the OP the source of the pament. After all it is not a small amount either

Dhaval1983, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  16. KaBoom!!!

KaBoom!!! Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me answer all that:

1. I earned in many ways. I have a site. I earned through that. Also, CPA made about 2k. And, selling ebooks (not at DP, at WF) - That answers 4.

2. I left because I was shifting my house. I thought if there would be any trouble if I just shift when the transfer of procedure is ON.

3. See 1.

4. See 1.

5. It is absolutely WHITEHAT.

6. No Hawala.

That answers my question!!

KaBoom!!!, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  17. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well its better like others said withdraw it in parts and maybe if possible you can withdraw it to diffrent bank accounts..

Bohra, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  18. SkyisLimit

SkyisLimit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mr.KaBoom,

That is nice to here(read). then Here what I do to get money form U.k to India...

For a single transaction, I get money £1000 p.m, directly form my ICICI UK(which is attached to Paypal), to ICICI India, where I save huge amount, inform of commission...

Or even You do not have any onshore bank account, then also you can draw your money in 2, 3 pieces. there wont be any problem.

good luck.

SkyisLimit, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  19. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go ahead dude, nothing will happen and no one is going to questions you, i have withdrawn upto $28k in 1 shot... and many $X XXX transactions

getjimmy, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  20. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    But OP is asking about tax too so don't you think that he needs to pay tax as he is going to withdraw 10k$ ???? What do you say on this ??

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 18, 2009 IP