1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal first then registration for Drupal site.

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by JamesColin, Aug 1, 2011.

Hi, I have a Drupal site with delayed registration (needs to be approved by the admin) but there are so many registrations (lot of bogus ones who never get approved) that I want to limit the amount, so I would like people to pay first via paypal a simple fee like $5 and only then their registration would be saved for review/approval by the admin.

Like a captcha but with money.

What would you do to go about it?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
    JamesColin, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  2. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What version of Drupal are you using?

einsteinsboi, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Drupal 6, why do you have an easy solution?

JamesColin, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  4. einsteinsboi

Best Answers:
    I think you should be able to do it with Ubercart, using the Subscription part of it. Give it a look

einsteinsboi, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, I've looked with ubercart and lm_paypal modules, but from what I've understood they both allow to buy roles. I'd like a module which allow to buy registration instead, so that if there's no payment, no user registration will be done, not even pending approval by admin.

The additional issue I have is that I user the user referral module, to keep track of weither the new user has been referred by an existing user or not, so it would need to keep working.

Well that's my problem here it's that I would like to avoid people registering and then buying a role, because I'd like to stop having to review pending applications, and if I let the registration open there will be lots of bogus registrations made by spambots as well as low paid workers in India, those users will never buy the role, but could be a problem for the site itself if there're really too many of them, like a dos attack..

Anyway it has proved difficult so far to find any article related to make the user registration conditional to a payment.

JamesColin, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  6. einsteinsboi

Best Answers:
    I think you might need a custom module for this. Perhaps use hook_form_alter() to modify the registration form, disable all but a payment field and paypal button, and the Paypal IPN to redirect back to the reg form with all fields enabled? just a thought

einsteinsboi, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  7. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ubercart can do this for you.
    1) Install and Activate ubercart.
    2) Administer › Store administration › Configuration › Product settings > Product features > Role assignment settings
    3) Create a new product >> edit the product >> Features >> Add a new feature >> Role assignment

aap, Aug 14, 2011 IP